Jack- 6 (Sore Throat)

Jacks POV

I walk into the dressing room after running away from soundcheck. Ryan wants us to record a new song today, but my voice is already really sore, but I don't want to say anything. We hate canceling shows, and I don't want to be the reason anyone even thinks that we should cancel it. I'll be fine. Almost immediately after I sit down on the couch, I get lost in my thoughts and I stare off into my own world. I start panicking. I can't breathe, my chest starts aching with pain and I feel like I'm having a heart attack. Alba comes walking into the dressing room and when she sees me, she comes over and sits beside me on the couch, rubbing my back.
"What's wrong?" She asks me. I can't answer as I can't breathe. I start crying and Alba shushes me and says,
"Here, lay down in my lap, it's ok." She pulls my shoulder down so my head rests in her lap. She starts running her fingers through my hair and I cover my face with my hands. I started calming down significantly as Alba was talking to me sweetly and gently, relaxing me every time she spoke. Once I calmed down enough, I took my hands away from my face, wiping off my tears with my shirt sleeves. I stay on Albas lap as she continues running her fingers through my hair.
"What's wrong Jack?" She asks me softly. It takes me a second but I finally answer.
"R-Ryan wants me to record a new song today but my voice is already sore and I don't want to tell anyone because then they'll think we need to cancel the show and I don't want to do that." I say.
"And does Ryan know you don't want to record today?"
"No.. I haven't told him cause I don't want to say my voice is sore. He'll just get nervous and paranoid and then say we shouldn't do the show."
"Alright. Well, once I see him walk past, I'm going to call him in and I'm going to tell him you can't record the song today, ok?" Alba says.
"No! Cause then he'll get mad at me and worried and I don't want to add more stress to anyone." I say, covering my face again. Of course, not even a moment later, Ryan walks past the dressing room and Alba stops him.
"Hey Ryan?" Alba says. Ryan pauses and looks at her and then comes in. He can't see me, but once he comes around the side of the couch he will.
"Yeah what's up?" Ryan responds, walking beside the couch. I immediately turn away from him, facing the back of the couch, still covering my face.
"What's wrong?" He asks concerned.
"Jack told me he has a sore throat, and doesn't want to record the song you want him to do. He also doesn't want me to tell you he has a sore throat because he thinks you'll be mad at him and won't let him do the show." Alba says. I start crying subtly.
"Jack!" Ryan says, sounding concerned. "Why would I ever be mad at you?" Ryan rests a hand on my side, and then they both notice I'm crying.
"Jack.." Ryan says. Alba went back to running her fingers through my hair, and Ryan rubs my side. I stop crying a few minutes later and quietly mumble,
"I'm sorry."
"Jack, don't apologize!" Ryan says. "It's my fault for being so busy and not paying attention to you and your voice. You don't have to record the song today. We'll do it later, ok?" I nod in response. "Now about the show, I will call Adam and see what else we can do to help you get better before then, but we won't cancel it unless you say to, ok?" I nod again. "Alright. And can I get a hug before I go find Adam?" Ryan asks. I turn around and sit up, then wrap Ryan in a hug.
"Thanks Ry." I say.
"Of course Jack. Sorry for not paying attention to you."
"It's ok." I say, and we pull away from each other.
"Alright, I'm going to go find Adam, you lock yourselves in here and get some rest, ok?" Ryan says.
"Ok." I say. Ryan leaves and closes the door behind him, blocking out most of the noise from the hallways. I turn and give Alba a hug and say thank you.
"Anytime Jack, now you heard him, get some rest." I nod and lay back down in her lap. Before Ryan left, he turned off the lights, and Alba was playing with my hair again. I fell asleep pretty quickly, and I woke up feeling so much better. My throat wasn't sore at all, and I was getting excited about the show. I wake up to Ryan and Adam talking quietly with Alba, and then they see I was awake.
"How did you sleep princess?" Ryan asks me smirking.
"What?" I ask. He turns his phone around and shows me our insta story. Of course it's me sleeping. I sit up and lay my head on Albas shoulder.
"So, how are you feeing Jack?" Adam asks.
"A lot better." I respond.
"So you think you can do the show?" Adam asks.
"Absolutely. I don't even have a sore throat anymore!" I say excitedly.
"Ok. As long as you go easy tonight, I'll let you on stage." Ryan says.
"Ok mom!" I say jokingly.
"Alright, we should get going, it's almost time for places." Adam says.
"Wow I slept that long?" I ask.
"Yeah, you completely missed out on dinner." Ryan says.
"You should grab something to eat before we go on then." Adam says.
"No, I'm ok. I'm not that hungry. I'll eat something after." I say. We get changed into our show outfits and we grab our in-ears and head side stage. I grab my mic and we go play our show. We played a great show. I let the crowd sing more then usual, mostly because I was sick, but also because they were really loud. We got off stage and I had some food, then we went to the bus and started driving to the next city.

The End.