Jack- 16 (Amusement Park)

JACKS POV

Adam, Ryan, Dad and I decided to go to the amusement park today as a fun outing on our break from tour. We all hop in Dad's car, driving to the amusement park. We hop out and go on a few rides. I love the really tall, fast ones, Dad likes the carousel, Ryan loves the competition games, and Adam loves everything really. We're having a blast. We then decide it's a good idea to grab some lunch. We grab our food, a mix of Mexican for Dad and I, and bread bowls for Adam and Ryan. We take a seat on a picnic bench and eat our food, eventually finishing it and cleaning it all up.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom." Ryan states, as the rest of us head over to the ring toss to look at the plushies. Dad and Adam head off on their own to the other side, looking at the rubber ducky game, leaving me alone. I look at the lights above me. All of them. Way too many of them. They're all way too bright. Blinding me almost. I try to look away to somewhere not as bright, but I'm surrounded, which scares me. I try to ignore my fear, trying to look at some of the bigger plushies. I can't ignore it. It's not working. I start panting, trying to control my breathing before I start hyperventilating. As my breathing speeds up, I start shaking, starting to get worse. Adam comes back to find me, and seeing me freaking out says,

"Hey we're gonna go-... woah what's going on? You ok?" I don't look up at him or answer his question. "Here let's go sit you down somewhere." Adam decides, grabbing my arm and walking me out to one of the park benches. Dad sees us walking out and follows us, quickly asking,

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I went to find him and he was freaking out." Adam replies.

"Ok, what can we do to help?" Dad asks.

"I... I need..."

"What do you need?" Adam questions.

"R-ry....Ryan."

"Ok. I'll go find him. I'll be right back." Adam states, running off to find our brother.

"Ok, Jack, Ryan's on his way, he'll be here soon." Dad tries to help me, taking a seat beside me, but it's not working. I start rocking back and forth, trying to get away from Dad. As much as I appreciate the help from him, he isn't helping me much, and I feel embarrassed with him seeing me freak out like this.
Eventually Ryan comes running over to me, crouching down in front of me, Adam doing the same.

"Hey, it's ok." He says, snapping me out of my head, turning my focus on him.

"Here, can we breathe together?" Ryan suggests. I shake my head frantically. Ryan grabs my hands and starts rolling his thumb around them. My knees launch up to my chest, and my head hides in my arm.

"Jack, hey." Ry starts, trying to get my attention. "You're ok. You know what this is. I'm right here for you, you're ok. Settle down, ok?" I know what this is, he's right, but I'll never get used to having them. They're so scary.

"Can you try taking a deep breath for me?" He asks. I try to breathe in, but it sounds like a wheeze and I don't get enough oxygen, and go back to hyperventilating. I shake my head, picking my head up from my arm, and staring at Ryan.

"What are we gonna do?" Dad asks.

"I'm not sure. For some reason he's not listening to my instructions. I think we have to get him out of here." Ryan states.

"Sounds good. I'll go bring the car up." Dad offers, running out of the park to bring the car closer so I don't have to walk as far.

"Ok bud. How about we get you out of here. Away from all the stimuli." Ryan's offer sounds so nice.

"You just have to stand up and trust us to walk for you, ok?" Adam adds on, somehow reading my mind, as I don't want to walk alone. My tense knees begin to drop, as I get helped up by the both of them.

"Good job." Ryan states. "Now just let us walk for you." I listen to what he says and take a step forward, closing my eyes. I trust them entirely, letting them get me out of here.

"You're doing good. We're almost there." Ry mumbles as I assume we're getting close. A few more feet later, I get the feeling we're close enough, so I open my eyes. Dad's car awaits like a chariot in front of me, waiting to take me home, to safety. I get helped into the back seat, next to both Adam and Ryan. I curl up into a ball again, closing my eyes and hiding. I feel both Ryan and Adam's hands resting on me, trying to help in any way they can.

"Jack, you're out of there now. Can you take some big deep breaths?" Ryan urges me again. I shake my head.

"Just try one. With both of us. In, out." Adam states, breathing slowly with Ryan and then repeating it. I finally get their rhythm and start to follow along.

"There ya go!" Ryan commends. I take a few more deep breaths and relax.

"Good job Jack." Ryan smiles when I finally sit up after calming down.

"Now I'm gonna give you a hug, ok?" I smirk as he reaches over, pulling me into him. He wraps his long arms around me, my face squishing into his chest.

"Thank you." I mumble.

"Of course! You ok now?" I nod.

"Me too!" Adam claims, throwing his arms around me in a hug.

"Thank you guys. I'm sorry we had to go home early." I mumble.

"What? Don't be sorry! It's no big deal." Ryan states.

"I still feel bad though." I mutter.

"Don't feel bad!" Adam says. "I'm just glad you're ok now!"

"Yeah! But if I may, why did you freak out in the first place?" Ryan questions.

"Uhhh, it's stupid."

"Tell us." All three of them say at the same time.

"Ok fine. It was all the lights. They surrounded me and I don't know... made me feel unsafe I guess."

"Well, I think that when we get home, it's high time for you to take a nap." Dad smirks at all three of us.
We didn't make it until we were back home. All three of us were asleep before we made it.

A/N- thank you to @JackMetzger1997 for the inspiration for this story!!