Jack- 11 (Pidgeons)

A/N- in this story the boys are somewhere around the ages of 15 for Adam, 12 for Ryan, and 9 for Jack. (I thought I'd mix it up a bit since in all my other stories they are older)

Happy reading!

Jack's POV

"Come on boys we're going out for lunch!" Dad shouts through the apartment, gathering his offspring. Ryan and I run out of our room, meeting with Adam in the hallway as he comes out of the bathroom. All three of us grab our shoes and coats and head out the door with Mom and Dad.

"Where are we going?" Ryan asks as we're in the elevator.

"We're going for sandwiches!" Mom announces. The three of us cheer, Dad laughing at our excitement.

"What are you gonna get?" Ryan asks Adam.

"Probably the turkey and cheese one with lots of mushrooms!" Adam decides. "What about you Jack?"

"I'm thinking the meatball one! What about you Ry?" I inquire.

"Definitely the roast beef one!" Ryan replies. Mom and Dad shake their heads at our decisions.
We get out of the elevator and start walking to the sandwich spot. The three of us more or less skip our way there, Mom and Dad trying to keep up with us. We get to the sandwich spot and order exactly what we said we would. Ry and I leave to go find a spot outside to sit while Mom, Dad and Adam grabbed our food and drinks. They place down the food, us digging into it like we hadn't eaten in days. We are all silent as we eat our food.
As Mom picks up the second half of her sandwich, a big glob of red sauce falls onto her white shirt she is wearing. She's so taken aback by the glob of sauce, she doesn't even realize she stops holding onto the sandwich, it falling onto the concrete.

"Aww man!!" Mom complains. "First my shirt, now my sandwich?! Today is such a bad day."

"How about you go clean up your shirt and I'll order you another sandwich. How about that?" Dad suggests to Mom.

"Ok." Mom sighs. "Are you three going to be ok if we're gone for a couple minutes?"

"Absolutely." Adam nods.

"Yep!" Ryan cheers.

"Sure thing!" I smile.

"Ok boys. We'll be back in a minute." Dad says, escorting Mom back inside the sandwich spot.

"That was a tasty sandwich!" Ryan approves.

"Mine was too!" Adam adds.

"So was mine!" I agree.

"We should clean up all our garbage so Mom and Dad don't have to worry about it!" Ryan suggests.

"Great idea Ry!" Adam smiles. We clean up all the garbage on the table and put them on the trays to take away.
I scoot my chair back to clean the things up, but I get swarmed by so many pidgeons. It's like I get trapped in a world of pidgeons and there is no way out. I try swatting them away but there are too many and I get scared. Everything in the normal world disappears and it's just pidgeons around me. I just scream. It wasn't very loud or very high, but with all the pidgeons I'm too scared and I don't know what else to do. I start panting out of fear, my throat slowly closing up. I reach a hand to my chest as my heart starts beating throughout my entire body. I suddenly get yanked out of the pidgeon swarm, and pulled straight into someone's arms. I see Ryan beside me, so I can only assume it's Adam pulling me away. I start crying out of pure panic, and I can't catch my breath. I hide my face in Adam's shirt, trying to block out some of the bright light from outside. The light is just too much for me to handle. I don't know why I can't breathe. It feels like I'm going to die. It's just so scary. Every time I try to take a breath I can't get enough air in my lungs, along with my heart pulsating through my head, it just feels weird.