Ryan- 3 (Show Announcment)

RYANS POV

I'm really nervous for today. I'm going to tell everyone that me and Cat are gonna have another baby. Cat thought of the idea to have Winter announce it on stage. He's 3 now, and so he knows enough words to say it. I'm just hoping he doesn't ruin the surprise. Jack and Adam don't even know yet. I think that's why I'm so nervous. Me, Cat and Winter are just hanging out in my dressing room before the show. Me and Cat are sitting on the couch, watching Winter play with some cars.
"I'm so nervous." I say quietly, hoping Cat doesn't pick it up. But she does.
"I know. You'll be ok. Winter's doing all the work for you." Cat says.
"Yeah but Jack and Adam don't know so they're gonna be mad at me for interrupting the show."
"This is the best reason to interrupt a show, stop being so nervous." Cat says. But I can't. I go silent for a minute, staring off into space. Cat lays a hand on my shoulder but I don't snap out of my thoughts. I start shaking a lot and as a result of that, my chest starts hurting and I can't breathe. I put a hand on my chest as I'm hyperventilating. Cat turns to me and rubs my back, trying to calm me down. It's not working. I start crying out of panic and I half curl up into a ball on the couch. I'm still sitting up, but I pull one of my legs up, hugging it to my chest. I lean back on the couch, and Cat takes off my glasses. She rubs my shoulder and tries to calm me down. She somehow calms me down in record timing, getting my heart rate to go down and for me to stop hyperventilating. I was still crying from nerves as Winter starts to notice what's happening. He walks over to me and looks at me.
"Dada why are you crying?" He asks me. My heart melted with love as Cat scooped him up and says,
"Dada is sad. Can you make him happy?" Winter lunges for me and wraps me in the biggest hug a three year old can give. He forced me to put my leg down and hug him back to make sure he doesn't fall.
"Thank you Winter. Just what daddy needed." I said smiling. Winter didn't move off of my chest. Somehow Winter knew when I calmed down and stopped crying, and that's when he moved off of me.
"Are you ok?" Cat asks me.
"Yeah. Thank you." I say. Cat gives me a hug as a take a final deep breath and calm down. I get a knock on my door for 10 minutes until showtime, so I have to get ready for the show. I stand up, get changed, and grab Winter. We got him a little AJR hoodie and so that's what we put on him. We grab his noise cancelling ear muffs and head out for places. Cat was holding Winter side stage and me, Adam and Jack go on stage for the show. The crowd screamed like normal when we came on. When we got to the bit when we point out people in the audience, I let jack do his bit, then he lets me do mine.
"Alright, so, Jack and Adam have no idea I'm doing this bit, but, I'd like to bring out a special guest." I walk slightly off stage when Cat meets me in the middle with Winter. The crowd erupts in awes of cuteness as he reaches out for me.
"So, you may remember a few years ago I wrote a song called Dear Winter. This, is Winter. Winter can you say hi?" I say, and Winter waves. "And Winter has something to say." I hold the mic up to him as he looks out at the audience and then back at me.
"Do you remember what to say?" I ask him. He nods and smiles.
"I'm gonna be a big brother." The whole crowd cheers in excitement and Jack and Adam come running over to me and giving me a hug.
"In case you didn't hear, Winter is going to be a big brother." I say into the mic. The crowd cheers again.
"Can you say bye?" I ask Winter. He waves to the crowd. I give Winter a hug and a kiss on the forehead as I walk him back off stage. I give Cat a kiss as I hand Winter back to her.
"Congratulations to Ryan and his beautiful family." Jack says. "I honestly had no idea about that, good job." He says. I laugh, enjoying the moment. We carry on with the show until we get to Jack playing Dear Winter. I go off stage for my water break and to get my finale costume on and I grab Winter from Cat and start dancing around backstage with him. He was really tired when I stole him from Cat, so he fell asleep on me as I was dancing him around. I hand him back to Cat, without waking him up somehow. I give them both a kiss on the forehead and go back on to finish the show.