Jack- 4 (School)

Ryans POV

"What class do you have first Ry?" Jack asks me.
"Human origin." I reply.
"Ok." Jack says.
"Why?" I ask, confused.
"No reason." Jack says shyly.
"Alright, we're gonna be late if we don't leave now though." I say, walking out of our apartment door. We get in the elevator and Jack and I are silent. It is pretty early after all. We walk to school and before I drop Jack off at his class, I say,
"Remember, if you need anything I'm here. You know where to find me."
"Yeah. Thanks Ry." He responds. I walk to my class. We're just writing a paper today, that's manageable. How long does this class go til? 11? Alright, one hour to go. I can do it. I look up just in time to see Jack walking past the door. I sit on the edge of the class for this reason. I see Jack walk back the other way, staring at me still. I raise my hand in the quiet classroom. The professor, Mr. Markley, called on me.
"May I please be excused?" I ask. He replies,
"Not without a reason, Metzger." Shoot, I have to come up with an excuse.
"I have to go to the bathroom." I say.
"Alright." Mr. Markley says, and lets me leave. I walk outside and close the door behind me. I find Jack pacing in the hallway, shaking like crazy and hyperventilating.
"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong." I say, grabbing his sides, stopping him from moving.
"I-I-I-I-I-I-" Jack stutters out, his eyes not focusing on anything.
"Hey, it's ok, settle down. It's ok, come here." I say, and wrap him in a hug, his face being buried in my chest. We stand in the hallway for a while, me trying to calm Jack down. I was rubbing his back while squeezing him in a hug. A teacher walked past us at one point, but they didn't say anything. I continue trying to calm him down, getting him to breathe.
"Hey, it's ok Jack, just breathe. I'm right here." It took Jack a while to start calming down. After about 15 minutes or so, I pull away from Jack and tell him to sit down against the lockers. He sits down with his back against the lockers, his knees up in his chest, burying his head in his knees. I sit beside him and wrap my arm around his back.
"Hey, it's ok." I say, continuing to calm him down. He finally slows down his breathing and leans his head on my shoulder. Mr. Markley comes out of the classroom and asks me,
"What are you doing Metzger?" I replied,
"Sorry, I'm calming down my brother from a panic attack." Jack starts crying and burying his face in my chest.
"Hey, it's ok Jack." I whisper. Mr. Markley adds,
"Ah, alright. I can see you're helping him, so I will leave you two be. Just so you know the paper is due Friday."
"Thank you professor." I say, and Mr. Markley stands up and goes back into the class. Jack starts to calm down again after a minute, and since the end of class is coming up, I ask,
"What do you want to do? Want me to grab my stuff and we get out of here? Or wait until the rush of people leave?" Jack takes a second to answer.
"You can get your stuff. Mines still in my classroom."
"Alright. I'll go grab my stuff, I'll get yours and we can head home. Sound good?" I say. Jack nods and I stand up, walk back into class, quickly pack up my stuff, and walk back out, with very strange looks from my classmates. I hold out my hand for Jack to grab. He takes it and he stands up. We walk to his classroom and I go in and pack up his computer, Jack staying out in the hallway. I got even stranger looks from those classmates, but I didn't care. I grab his backpack and go back out, wrapping my arm around Jacks back, and we walk back to our apartment. When we get back, Jack sits on the couch as I put our backpacks down, then I go and sit next to him.
"So what was wrong?" I ask Jack.
"Had a test. Didn't understand anything. Freaked out. Asked if I could go out, professor said no, panicked."
"Are you ok now? Or should I call in the big guns to calm you down?"
"No, you don't need to call Adam." Jack says smirking. "I'll be ok. Thanks for that though."
"Anytime Jack! I'm here to help you. I'm glad you came to me."
"Yeah. Adam is coming over for dinner, right?"
"Yes, he's bringing sushi."
"Ok." Jack says a bit sadly.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I don't know if I want to tell Adam. He might get mad that I wasn't in class."
Jack says quietly.
"Jack, really? Adam is more worried about you panicking then school. Trust me. He'll want to know. He cares more than you think he does. Ok?"
"Ok.. c-can you- never mind." Jacks says.
"What Jack? Do you want me to tell Adam?" Jack nods.
"I don't cause he'll be mad. And I don't know what to say." Jack says quietly.
"Yes, I will tell Adam. I could text him now if that's easier?" I say.
"No." Jack responds. "He's probably in class."
"Alright, we'll wait until he gets here. I'm gonna keep working on some songs in my room. Tell me if you need anything, ok?" I say.
"Yep Yep Yep Yep." Jack says. I freeze.
"Record that." I say, turning to Jack.
"What?" Jack asked confused.
"I'm using that in a song. Record it." I say, running to my room to get the mic set up.
"Alright." We recorded whatever Jack and I came up with and before we knew it, Adam was knocking on our door. Jack goes to answer it while I finish up listening back to whatever we just made.
"Hey Adam." I shout from my room, still focused on the music.
"Hey Ry." Adam says back. I take off my headphones and walk out to go meet Jack and Adam in the kitchen.
"So how was your guys' day today?" Adam asks. Jack starts to get really nervous, and starts fidgeting with his fingers.
"Jack had a panic attack in class today and so he came to my class and I calmed him down." I say.
"Jack! Are you ok?" Adam says with deep concern.
"Y-yeah." Jack says quietly.
"No you're not, you're nervous. It's ok Jack, settle down." I say, gently walking over to him.
"N-no." Jack says, backing up into the living room.
"Hey, it's ok Jack." Adam says. Jack trips backwards on a chair and starts panicking. He falls onto the floor and curls up into a ball, rocking back and forth, sobbing. Me and Adam circle around him, careful to not startle him.
"Jack, it's ok, just breathe." Adam says, rubbing his back softly.
"I-I-I-I c-can't!" Jack says.
"Jack, breathe in, breathe out. Ok?" I say softly. Jack isn't focusing on what we're saying. I pulled Jack into my chest gently and started humming the melody of the song we were working on, and almost immediately Jack started calming down. He was still hyperventilating like crazy, but started actually focusing on what we were doing. Adam continued rubbing his back softly, trying not to overwhelm him with people. We continued calming him down for a while and then we moved onto the couch. Jack sat beside me, resting his head on my shoulder until he fell asleep. My arm wrapped around him, and Adam sat on the other side of him, resting a hand on his shoulder.
"So why did he freak out in class?" Adam asks me quietly, trying not to wake Jack up.
"He had a test and got nervous. Then I guess now he was either reminded of it or I knew he was nervous and I pointed it out."
"I'm glad you pointed out. I didn't notice. You know him too well." Adam says.
"I try." I say.
"You calmed him down pretty fast too, good job."
"Thanks. At school today I just hugged him and he calmed down, but it took a while. Now I hummed the song we were working on before you got here, and that seemed to work really well."
"Yeah, it did. Good job."
"Thanks."
"Should we wake him up for dinner? Or should we leave him?" Adam asks after a moment of silence.
"Let's wake him up. He was really hungry earlier."
"Alright. Want me to do it? Or you?"
"Uh, I'll do it." Adam nods and I start rubbing Jacks shoulder.
"Jack, time to wake up." Jack slowly sits up, looking at me.
"Good morning."
"Hey." Jack says quietly.
"Feeling any better?" I ask.
"Yeah, I guess. Thanks." Jack says.
"Any time Jack. Need a hug?"
"Always." Jack says smiling. I give Jack a hug, and after a minute, we pull away from each other.
"Alright, sushi time!" Jack says standing up, me and Adam following.