3.

- This is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life!

- I told you I was an excellent cook.

- I think you'll have to travel to Los Angeles with me because after tasting this, even if I look in the best restaurants in Los Angeles, I won't find anything that compares.

- Don't exaggerate, I'm sure you can survive without me.

- Without you of course, without your food I don't think so.

- Hey!

- I'm serious Carina, I don't know why you don't cook at your grandfather's restaurant. Or open your own restaurant, I'm sure people would love it.

- In fact you're the first one outside my family to try my food. It's a long story, but I promised a long time ago that I would never cook for other people again. Maya noticed a change in Carina's expression, which became sad, and she didn't know what to do. She wanted to support her, but didn't know how to do it without feeling like she was invading her space.

- And I'd love to hear that story, when you feel ready to tell me. She said as she placed her hand gently on Carina's hand to show her support. - Now tell me, what's the plan for tomorrow?

Time passed between laughter, stories and more glasses of wine. Until they realized it was already too late, so Maya said goodbye and went back to her hotel. All the way back Maya kept thinking about Carina and that the next day she would see her again.

The next morning came and Maya was anxious, pacing like crazy in her hotel room as she waited for Carina. She had a bag packed with everything she thought she would need for a day at the beach, but Carina hadn't given her many details of what they would be doing so she didn't know what to expect. When Carina arrived, her body relaxed, something about Carina managed to bring her peace and happiness just by being around her. For Carina it was the same, just seeing the sparkle in Maya's blue eyes was enough to brighten her day. The road to the beach was spent singing at the top of their lungs and laughing as if no one else existed, just the two of them in that little car while the wind ruffled their hair.

They arrived at a beautiful white sand beach, the water a mix of dark blue and bright turquoise.It was a quiet day, without many people, so they managed to find a space to sit away from the rest of the crowd. Carina loved the beach, there was no place she felt more at peace with herself than at the beach, it was like her safe place, where she could be herself and relax completely. Being there with Maya made it even better, they sat on the sand for a while, enjoying the sun and each other's company, until Carina got up suddenly and started packing all her things.

- I hope you're hungry, because I have a surprise for you.

- A surprise! I like surprises. Maya said with a big smile on her face as she got up to follow Carina who had already started to walk away from the place.

They walked for a few minutes until they reached a port where there were several sailboats and small yachts. Carina stopped in front of a yacht that had the name DeLuca engraved on the side.

- We have arrived.