27.

- I want to spend the rest of my life with you Carina.

- Oh, God! I forgot I had to go with Amy to do some things, see you later, bye. Said Carina giving her a peak before running out of the room, leaving Maya completely confused.

*********************************************

- And what did she say? Victoria asked Maya, who was lying on her bed, motionless and staring at the ceiling.

- That she had plans with Amy and ran out. Maya grumbled. – I shouldn't have said anything, I'm so stupid, I knew she was going to freak out.

- Calm down, that doesn't mean anything. Maybe she got nervous and didn't know what to say. Vic added, trying to calm the blonde down.

*********************************************

- And you just ran away? asked Amelia, who was walking next to Carina in a park near her apartment.

- I know, I'm so stupid. Grumbled Carina. – But what was I supposed to do, it took me by surprise. And I didn't want to ruin things, but I think I ended up ruining everything. Added Carina frustrated as she walked with Amelia.

- Don't be such a drama queen, Maya will understand.

- What if she thinks I don't love her anymore? Exclaimed Carina on the verge of tears.

- Of course not, that's not going to happen. Said Amelia hoping to soothe Carina.

*********************************************

- What if she doesn't love me anymore? Maya exclaimed trying to hold back her tears. – Maybe she realized what a mess of a person I am and doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

- For God's sake Maya, the girl barely sleeps when you're not by her side. I assure you she's still crazy about you. Victoria assured her.

- Don't you think we're going too fast? I mean it's my first relationship and we haven't been together that long, but I'm sure of what I want, and I want Carina, forever. Maya sighed.

*********************************************

- Don't you think we're going too fast? Sighed Carina. – I mean, I know what I want, I've known it for a long time, but it scares me to think that I'm moving too fast, that maybe I'm pressuring her to do things she's not ready for yet.

- Carina, the girl just told you that she wants to spend the rest of her life with you. Besides, you've seen the way she looks at you, I assure you that you're not pressuring her into anything. Amelia assured.

- I bought a ring. Carina blurted out.

- You what? Carina, why didn't you tell me anything? Amelia shouted in surprise.

- I bought it a few weeks ago. I've been thinking about the perfect moment to give it to her, but nothing I can think of seems to be good enough. Carina exclaimed. – And it scares me, it terrifies me to think that there's a chance she might say no.

- Oh, Carina! Said Amelia, wrapping her arms around her friend. – You won't know the answer if you don't have the courage to ask the question. She murmured. – Maya loves you; anyone can tell, and it doesn't matter if you've been together for six months or six years, the important thing is that you both want the same thing.

- Thank you, I really don't know what I would do without you. Carina murmured, squeezing her friend tighter in her arms.

- You know and if she says no you can always come back to Italy with me, I miss the good food and free wine. Amelia joked.

- Hey! exclaimed Carina, giving Amelia a little push.

- Sorry, just kidding. Laughed Amelia, causing Carina to burst out laughing. – But what's not a joke is that if you don't choose me as your maid of honor, I'm going to fly here every month to make your life miserable.

- You are unbearable! Besides, first she has to say yes.

*********************************************

- I think the most important thing is what you and Carina want, not how long you've been in the relationship. Besides, I've never seen you so happy Maya.

- I bought tickets to Italy. Maya suddenly blurted out, leaving her position on the bed.

- For me! Thanks, Maya, I've always wanted to go. Vic joked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

- Shut up! For me and Carina, but you're definitely going to have to go. Said Maya with a cheeky grin. – For the wedding. She added, causing Vic to spit out the juice she was drinking.

- Wait! What? Since when are we talking about a wedding? Vic exclaimed in surprise.

- Not yet, but that's why I want to go to Italy. I want to meet her grandfather and ask for his blessing to marry Carina and if everything goes well and she says yes, I hope there will be a wedding soon. Maya smiled shyly.

- Maya Bishop, you amaze me more every day.

- Ughhh I know, who knew I could be so cheesy. Maya joked. – But I still need to buy a ring and plan everything, plus after today I'm not so sure Carina wants to spend the rest of her life with me.

- Hey, where's the Maya Bishop who doesn't give up until she reaches her goal?

- It's just not the same. Maya grumbled, plopping back down on the bed.

- Do you love her?

- More than anything in the world.

- Then you don't give up because of a stupid misunderstanding. Go talk to her, I assure you everything will be fine.

- Ughh I hate it when you're right.

- Yeah, and that's why I'm going to be the maid of honor at that wedding, right? Said the brunette, poking the blonde's waist.

- Stop it! Laughed Maya. - First, she has to say yes, then we'll see.

- Well, but for her to say yes you must ask first, so get your ass off that bed and go figure things out with your girl.

- Ok, ok, I'm going. Maya exclaimed getting out of bed. – And thank you, you really are the best friend anyone could ask for. She added, before giving her a hug and leaving in search of Carina.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I hope you enjoy it too.

P.S. I need to see more of Maya and Vic's friendship in Station 19 and please give Carina some friends, poor thing has no close friends since she came to Grey's.