8.

The days passed and the girls tried to spend as much time together as possible. Carina divided her time between the administrative work she was doing at her family's restaurant and going for walks with the blonde. Maya, on the other hand, had completely forgotten about the tours and destinations she had planned to go on her visit to Italy, preferring to spend time with Carina. No matter what the plan was, going to the sea or seeing new places, hiking in parks, trying new dishes in every restaurant they saw, even just cuddling for hours without doing anything else, every moment together was special and unmatched.

But their days were numbered and had come to an end. That morning, the last morning Maya would spend in Italy Carina woke up to the image of a naked blonde, clinging completely to her body. Unleashing a mixture of emotions in Carina, she felt like the happiest woman next to Maya and it filled her with peace to see her sleeping so pleasantly. But the thought that this was the last morning they would spend together for who knows how long, broke her heart. She stood for a moment admiring Maya, as she gently played with her hair, until the blonde began to slowly open her eyes and tilted her face slightly until her eyes met Carina's.

- Were you staring at me? Said the blonde as she sat up to be at Carina's level.

- Of course I wasn't. Replied Carina quickly looking away.

- I don't believe you. Said Maya as she arched an eyebrow and gave her best smile.

- Well yes I can't help it, you looked so cute curled up there like a baby.

- And you look so cute when you just woke up. She said bringing their lips together in a tender kiss.

- Today is your last day here. Carina tried to keep her smile, but she couldn't help but sound sad at the mention of those words.

- I know.

- Where are you going now?

- I'm going to spend a few days in Germany, then Spain and back to Los Angeles.

- You're not leaving yet and I already feel like I miss you.

- You should come with me, are you sure you can't take a vacation? She asked, pouting a little in an attempt to convince the Italian.

- I would love to, but I have things to solve here. In fact, you Maya Bishop gave me a great idea and I have to get to work to make it happen as soon as possible.

- So what is this great idea?

- It's a surprise. But I assure you that the sooner I get to work the sooner we'll get back together.

- You're perfect, you know that?

- Yes, I had heard something. Carina said with a wink, causing them both to burst out laughing. Which helped change the somewhat sad atmosphere in the room to a more cheerful one. And what do you want to do in your last hours in Italy?

- I have a couple of ideas. Replied Maya sitting on Carina's lap, wrapping her legs around her waist while leaving wet kisses on her neck.

- Mhmmmm I like your ideas. Murmured Carina before taking her face between her hands to pull her closer in a passionate kiss, which was pleasantly reciprocated by the blonde.

They spent the whole morning in the room, getting up only to order food or go to the bathroom. Until it was time to say goodbye, Maya had all her luggage arranged from the night before, so she got up to take a bath, put on comfortable clothes and waited for Carina to be ready to take her to the airport. Once at the airport the girls said goodbye, between kisses, little caresses and promises that they would talk to each other every day and that soon they would find a way to be together again. Anyone who saw them at that moment would think that they were a couple, that they had been together for years and that it was probably the first time they were separated. Of course, the latter was true, but they weren't a couple of years, in fact they weren't even an official couple. In all the time they spent together they never touched the subject, they knew their relationship was special much more than just a friendship with benefits, but the circumstances were different. Their lives were made in separate places and they couldn't change them overnight, so they didn't know at what point they would get back together and both felt they couldn't make the other wait forever. However, even if they didn't say it out loud, they were both willing to wait and fight to keep their relationship even thousands of miles apart