22.

The week flew by, for the short time they had been open, the new restaurant was going great, it caught the attention of many people who did not hesitate to recommend it to their friends and acquaintances. It was a success and the Deluca's couldn't be happier with how well their Italian traditions had been received in a new continent.

That Friday night Carina was lying on the couch, while Maya paced back and forth with a clipboard in hand, repeating over and over the items on the list.

- Maya stop, you're going to dig a hole in the floor if you keep this up. Said Carina tired of watching her girlfriend spin around like crazy.

- I can't, I have to make sure everything is perfect, nothing can be missing. Said Maya, going over the items on the list again.

- Maya it's just Amelia and Andrea. I promise you that they won't care at all about the nachos or if the glasses are red or blue. Stop worrying so much, please. Carina begged.

- For you they are just Amelia and Andrea, for me they are my girlfriend's best friend and brother, in other words, two of the most important people in your life and that's why everything has to be perfect. Maya said without taking her eyes off the clipboard. – So, do you think they prefer the blue or the red glasses, or should we buy both just in case? Maya added seriously, causing Carina to burst out laughing.

Amelia and Andrea were going back to Italy on Sunday, so Maya and Carina had come up with the idea of organizing a small farewell party at Carina's house on Saturday. Nothing too extravagant, just drinks, fast food and a few snacks since it would just be Amelia, Andrea and Maya's friends, who already considered the group of Italians part of the family. But for Maya everything had to be perfect, this was Carina's family, two of the most important people in her life and they deserved the best. Maya knew that it was difficult for the Italian to be separated from her family for so long and she was determined to plan the best night for the three of them to enjoy their last hours together in the best way.

- I love your focused face, but you can stop that and come lie down with me. Interrupted Carina, pulling Maya out of her thoughts.

- Just a minute, I haven't decided what color the balloons are going to be yet. Maya replied, returning her attention to the clipboard.

- I'm beginning to think you love that clipboard more than me. Pouted Carina, as she wrapped her arms around Maya's waist and rested her jaw on her shoulder, leaving a tender kiss on her cheek.

- Don't ever say that again. Said Maya slowly turning to look Carina in the eyes. – There is nothing, hear me out, nothing in this world that I love more than you. She added, taking Carina's face in her hands to give her a passionate kiss on the lips. – Well, maybe your lasagna, yes I think that one takes first place. She joked, causing Carina to roll her eyes and give her a little push.

- Well maybe you should date my lasagna then. Carina joked as well.

- Mmmmm no, I don't think lasagna can give me the orgasms my girlfriend gives me. Said Maya with a smirk, caressing Carina's body.

- So you are dating me just for the sake of it huh? Orgasms? Carina asked, imitating her smirk.

- Yes! Orgasms and food. You're the whole package! Maya exclaimed.

- You are so lucky! Now come with me to the couch and maybe you can get one of those things. Pleaded Carina, with puppy eyes.

- You know I can't say no to anything, when you make that face. Maya said with a huge smile on her face, as she snuggled up next to Carina on the couch to enjoy the rest of the night.

The time for the party had arrived and Maya was back to her impatient, worried self from the night before. When Carina got out of the shower and finished getting ready, she was shocked to see the apartment, the decor gave the place an Italian feel and everything was filled with things that reminded her of Italy. Italian food, Italian desserts, wine, cheese, all of Carina, Amelia and Andrea's favorite things in one place. Carina couldn't believe that Maya had done all that alone and just to say goodbye to her best friend and her brother. Suddenly she felt a surge of love invade her body as she saw the blonde standing at the side of the table, arranging the last details so that everything would be ready for the guests.

- You're perfect, you know that? Carina whispered in her ear, as she put her arms around her.

- Not as much as you, you look beautiful. Maya said, as she looked her up and down, admiring her completely.

- You didn't have to do all this, it looks amazing. Carina exclaimed.

- I know, but I wanted to. They are your family, and they deserve the best, just like you. Besides, I want them to remember me as the best girlfriend you ever had. Maya joked, causing Carina to burst out laughing.

- Well, there's no doubt about it, you're the best girlfriend I've ever had.

- I love you. Said Maya giving her a small kiss on the lips.

- I love you too Maya, always. Carina replied, as she filled her face with kisses.

Amelia, Andrea and Maya's friends were all settled in the dining room, enjoying the drinks and food.

- I still can't believe Maya Bishop has a girlfriend, let alone someone like Carina. Tell us Bishop, what did you do to win her over? Jack asked jokingly.

- Believe me I don't know how I got so lucky either. Maya answered with a laugh.

- Come on, look at that face, how could I not fall in love the moment I saw her sitting there in the restaurant with that huge smile on her face. Carina added, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

- Well, but the credit in all this goes to me. Andrea interrupted. – I'm the one responsible for these two stubborn idiots admitting what they were feeling, without me they would probably still think those looks were just "friends". Andrea joked.

- - Yes, that's true. You are a pain in the ass, but sometimes you get things right. Carina joked.

- That's why you're my favorite Deluca. Said Maya, as she ran her hand over her hair, tousling it as she went.

- Oh yeah, are you sure about that? Carina asked with a challenging smile.

- I don't know, maybe you can help me change my mind. Maya replied with a seductive tone.

- Okay, enough lovebirds, we don't want public displays. Interrupted Andy

- I still remember when she introduced me to Maya. If looks could kill, she would have sent me straight to heaven with the way she saw me when I tried to flirt with Maya. Said Andrea returning to the topic of conversation.

- It's true, she thought I liked her brother. She even made a little jealous scene in the bathroom and we weren't even dating yet.

Yeah, sounds like the Carina Deluca I know. DRAMA QUEEN! Amelia joked.

- That's not true! Exclaimed Carina offended.

- Of course it is. You love drama because you know there will be wild make-up sex afterwards. Said Amelia, making everyone at the table burst out laughing.

- Ok I can't deny that. I like to spice things up a little bit. Said Carina with a mischievous smile. – Besides, who doesn't like some wild reconciliation sex.

- I definitely like it. Maya muttered, but not quietly enough so the rest of the group wouldn't hear her.

- Okay, enough sex talk for today. I don't want to imagine what you'll do when all the guests go home. Andrea commented with a disgusted look on her face, while the rest of the group died laughing.

And so the night ended in laughter and fun. Maya and Carina had never felt so at home, surrounded by the people they loved the most, their chosen family. 

Sorry for the lack of updates but I haven't had time or inspiration to continue with this story. If you have ideas or suggestions to continue it I'd love to read them, because I'm already stuck so the story will probably come to an end soon.

By the way, thank you so much for all your comments I really appreciate them.