23.

One month later...

- Are you ready? Maya asked from the living room.

- Five minutes. Carina shouted from the bedroom.

- I don't understand why you're taking so long. Maya said in desperation because it was getting late.

- Sorry, I couldn't find my shoes. Said Carina leaving the room.

- Okay, it was definitely worth the wait. Exclaimed the blonde as she looked at Carina from head to toe with her mouth open. – You look gorgeous, everyone will envy me when they see you next to me. She added, as she came closer and wrapped her arms around Carina's waist.

- Do you think so? Carina asked, wrapping her arms around Maya's neck.

- I'm one hundred percent sure. Maya affirmed, leaving a small kiss on the Italian's lips.

- Are you nervous?

- A little bit.

- You don't have to do it if you don't feel comfortable, I can stay here and ...

- Stop it. Said Maya interrupting Carina. – I want to do it.

- I don't want you to feel obligated or anything, you know I don't need anything but you. Carina whispered.

- Carina I love you and I want everyone to know that I have the most intelligent, generous, talented and sexy woman for a girlfriend. I'm doing this because I want to, because I'm proud of who I am and the woman I have by my side. Whispered Maya gently caressing Carina's cheek.

- Ok, ok. I love you. Added Carina pressing her lips together.

- I love you too.

The law firm where Maya worked was having its anniversary and as a tradition the company organized a big party. It was one of the most prestigious parties, in a renowned and luxurious hotel. The guest list consisted of all the firm's employees, plus their partners. In addition, other firms and important people were invited, as the event was used to fraternize with other colleagues.

It was the first time Maya attended the party and she could not hide the fact that she was nervous. Not only because she would be surrounded by important people and prestigious lawyers, but also because it would be the first time she would be going out in such an event with Carina. She didn't talk about her private life at work, some people thought she was single, others knew her family and knew that she had dated a few guys but that it went nowhere. Even some of her lawyer colleagues, had attended one of those organized dates that failed miserably.

As she entered the hotel she felt her heart race, she knew that many of her family's acquaintances would be there and surely some of them would recognize her and comment on her life. Maya took a deep breath and took Carina's hand in hers, immediately the contact with the brunette's soft skin calmed her and gave her the security she needed. With a big smile, the two women entered the large room filled with people in elegant suits and dresses.

- Maya, how nice of you to come. A man approached with his wife to greet the blonde.

- David, Helen, good to see you. Maya smiled.

- And who is this young lady, a colleague from work? Helen asked, noticing Carina standing next to the blonde.

- Oh no, this is Carina DeLuca, my girlfriend. Said Maya taking Carina's hand and giving it a little squeeze.

- Oh!

Helen was a friend of her mom's, she was the one who had helped her find a job in such a prestigious firm since her husband was one of the major partners. The two were close, but apparently her mother hadn't told her about Carina.

- Yes, I remember your mother telling me you were seeing someone. Helen added after a few seconds of awkward silence. – Well, I'm glad you finally found someone who makes you happy.

- Besides, she's very beautiful. David added, interrupting his wife and causing both girls to blush.

- Well, we'll leave you to enjoy yourselves. Tell your mother I said hello. Helen said before leaving with her husband.

- That went better than I expected. Maya whispered when the couple was far away. – I'm so glad to be here with you, I've never felt so happy at this kind of event. When my father used to take us everything felt like a farce, but being here with you I feel confident in who I am. Maya added with a smile.

The girls were enjoying the party to the fullest, they had drunk a few glasses of wine and were in the middle of the dance floor. The blonde's arms wrapped around Carina's waist, while Carina wrapped her arms around her neck. Their bodies fit together perfectly and moved smoothly to the rhythm of the melody in the background. There were other couples around them, but for them nothing existed beyond their little bubble. Feeling their breaths and the warmth their bodies emanated was the most wonderful feeling. Slowly the short distance that remained between them shrunk and they joined their lips in a tender kiss. Maya smiled during the kiss, separating a little from the brunette and just when she was about to join their lips again a hand took her by surprise and separated her abruptly from those arms she adored so much.

- What the hell are you doing Maya!?

Surprise! Finally a new chapter after months. It's short, but I hope you enjoy it.

Ps. I haven't forgotten about this story, I'm just very busy.