17.

- Carina hi! said the blonde quickly approaching Carina to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek without allowing the other to put up any resistance.

- But what... what are you doing here? Said Carina quite surprised to see the blonde.

- Uh I can see that you're happy to see me too. Said the girl with an ironic tone, but without wiping the mischievous smile from her face. – You know I love Italian food. So, when I heard that a new restaurant was going to open I got excited and wanted to know more about the place and when I found out that the restaurant belonged to the Deluca's I didn't hesitate for a second to come, I knew you would be here, you would never miss an event like this. The blonde finished speaking and had a huge smile on her face, while Carina remained silent and in shock. – You look beautiful, even with that confused face. Besides, I brought you roses. Said the blonde as she handed the bouquet of roses to Carina.

After a few minutes of silence, Carina managed to come out of her state of shock to answer the blonde. – Arizona, thank you for the flowers, but you shouldn't be here. Carina tried to pull away, but felt a hand stop her by grabbing her wrist.

- Carina wait! I know things between us didn't end well but you're here now and I'd like you to give me another chance, we can get back what we once had.

- Please stop. Said Carina moving her arm to make the blonde let go of her wrist. – I don't know what you expected by coming here, but it's been over between us for a long time and I have no interest in getting anything back. Besides, I'm with someone else, so please leave.

- Aha and do you really love her, do you love her as much as you loved me? That was the only thing Arizona asked, staring into the Italian's eyes, while the Italian remained silent.

*This was happening at the same time as the conversation between Carina and Arizona *

- God! What is she doing here? Amelia exclaimed when she saw where Maya was looking.

- Who is she and why is she bringing Carina roses? Maya quickly blurted out without taking her eyes off Carina.

- No! How did she know we would be here? Andrea said when he saw the blonde.

- The Deluca name is in every corner of this restaurant, of course she would have known you would be here. Amelia answered.

- Are any of you going to tell me who the hell she is or what? Interrupted Maya who was starting to get annoyed.

- Arizona, Carina's ex. Answered Andrea, seeing how Maya's face suddenly changed.

- And what is she doing here? Maya asked again.

- Last I heard was that she moved to Los Angeles after she and Carina broke up, then I don't know what happened, Carina never mentioned her again. Amelia replied.

- Yes, she really broke her heart. Andrea commented.

- Okay, so we hate her, right? Interrupted Vic who until now was just watching how her friend was slowly losing control of the situation.

- We do, but you know how Carina is she's too good to hate anyone. Amelia replied.

- I think I should approach her, don't you? What if she wants to hurt her again? I can't allow that. Besides, we're a couple now, I should go and support her. Maya began to ramble, unable to control her feelings.

- Easy Bishop, you need to get a grip on yourself first. Vic said, placing her hand on her friend's shoulder to calm her down.

Maya tried to calm down, when she noticed Carina trying to release her wrist from the blonde's grip.

- No, I definitely have to go. She said before starting her way to where the Italian was.

***************************************************************

Carina was still silently staring at Arizona when she felt someone approaching.

- Hi babe. Maya interrupted as she intertwined her arm with Carina's arm. – Hi, I'm Maya, Carina's girlfriend. She went straight to Arizona, extending her hand in greeting.

- Hi, was all Arizona replied. – I see, you really have a type. She added before turning around and walking out of the place, leaving Carina confused and Maya angrier than ever.

- Are you okay? Maya asked after a few minutes of silence as she noticed that Carina remained in the same place with an expression she had never seen on the Italian before.

- Yes, I just need to go to the bathroom. She said separating from Maya and ran out without waiting for her to make a comment.

Maya followed her to the bathroom, she didn't know what the story was between Carina and Arizona, but she had never seen Carina behave like this. So, she took a deep breath and did her best to push her jealousy and anger aside so she could focus on supporting Carina. As she entered the bathroom Carina was leaning over the sink with tears running down her cheek. Maya shuddered at that instant as she saw Carina crying, a million thoughts crossed her mind. What if she misses Arizona? What if seeing her again made her feelings for her rekindle? Is she crying because Arizona left? Would she rather be with Arizona than with me? What if I'm not enough and that's why she wants to go back to her? Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Carina cling to her neck, sinking her face into the blonde's neck.

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the night with this it's just.... Carina was silent for a moment looking for the best way to tell Maya about her history with Arizona. – Arizona is my ex-girlfriend. We broke up a long time ago, because she cheated on me, twice. The first time she apologized, said it was all a mistake and I stupidly forgave her. I thought everything was fine, when I found out that she had cheated on me again with someone she had met in a bar. I felt so destroyed when I found out, I started to believe that I was the problem, that I wasn't good enough for her and therefore deserved to be cheated on. It took me a while to realize that I wasn't to blame, that I deserved better, so I decided to break up with her. Shortly after that I heard that she had moved to Los Angeles and I never heard from her again. And today when I saw her again, all those insecurities came rushing back to me and I couldn't help but think that maybe I'm not good enough for you Maya and that someday you might get bored of me and meet someone else and leave me. Maya felt Carina's tears fall slowly wetting her t-shirt as she moved her arm up and down over Carina's back trying to calm her down and show her support.

- Hey, look at me. Maya said placing her hand on Carina's chin and gently moving her head so she could look into her eyes. – You are the most gentle, intelligent and generous person I know, if anyone deserves the world it's you. And I would never hurt you Carina, I care too much about you to do something like that to you. Maya wiped the tears from the Italian woman's face and gave her a tender kiss on the lips, showing her all the affection she felt for her.

They waited for Carina to calm down and returned to the party with all their friends and family to enjoy the atmosphere and the food, until everyone started to say goodbye and it was time to end the celebration.