28.

Finally a new chapter after such a long time.

- You're back! Exclaimed Maya as she entered the apartment and saw Carina sitting on the sofa.

- Sí. Smiled Carina, looking away from the book she was trying to read.

- Where is Amelia? Maya asked, sitting down on the other corner of the couch.

- She went to her hotel, she had things to prepare for her return to Italy.

- Ok. Maya commented.

An awkward silence took over the room, they both knew they had to talk, but neither could bring themselves to do it. They were afraid, afraid that the other wouldn't feel the same way, afraid of going too fast, afraid of being rejected, afraid of ruining the beautiful relationship they had created, afraid of losing the love of their life.

- Carina I think... I think we need to talk. Maya finally added.

- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! Carina exclaimed immediately without looking up from the floor.

- What? Why? Maya asked nervously, turning to look at Carina. She really didn't expect that reaction from the Italian.

Carina looked up slightly, but without looking the blonde in the eyes.

- For running away, for making you think I didn't feel the same. Carina started to ramble.

- Hey, look at me! Maya exclaimed, placing her hand on Carina's jaw to lift her face slightly so she could look into her eyes. - You don't have to apologize; you didn't do anything wrong.

- I just got scared. Carina muttered a few seconds later.

- Why, because of me? Did I... did I say something wrong? Mumbled Maya back, nervous about the possible answer.

- No, no, of course not. Carina replied quickly. – You're perfect. It's just... what you said took me by surprise, I always thought I was going too fast, that I was rushing you to take certain steps and then to hear you say that was... wow fantastico!!! It all seemed too perfect to be real and that terrified me.

- You didn't rush me into anything. Maya affirmed, gently caressing the Italian's cheek. – Everything I said is real and believe me it scares me too; I've never felt this way about anyone before and it's terrifying. But I'm ready to face all my fears if I have you by my side Carina. Maya smiled.

- You really are perfect. Smiled Carina.

- I have a surprise. Exclaimed Maya excitedly.

- You don't have to give me anything. I run out and you give me surprises, I really don't deserve you. Carina joked.

- Shut up. Said Maya giving her a little push. – You deserve that and more. Besides, I've wanted to surprise you for a while, I just hadn't found the perfect moment.

- And you think this is the perfect moment? Carina asked raising an eyebrow.

- No, I just realized that every moment with you is perfect. Smiled Maya.

- So cheesy, I love it! Exclaimed Carina.

- Wait here. Said Maya before heading to the bedroom for Carina's gift.

- So mysterious. Carina added with a smirk.

- Close your eyes. Maya shouted from the room. – No peeking. She added approaching Carina. – Ready, open them.

Carina opened her eyes and found Maya with a smile from ear to ear holding an envelope in her hands.

- What is it? Carina asked confused. – Don't tell me you already have the marriage certificate in there? Carina joked, making Maya burst out laughing.