20.

- What is she doing here? That was the first thing Maya said when she entered Vic's house and saw the Italian woman standing next to the sofa, her face sad and a couple of tears running down her cheek.

- Let me explain everything Maya, please. I swear it's not what it seems, I would never hurt you. Carina hurried to answer, she needed to explain everything.

Maya stared at Carina, but no words came out of her mouth. She was confused, sad and hurt by everything, but seeing her standing there with tears in her eyes broke her heart, if anything was worse than the pain she was feeling herself, it was seeing the most important person in her life suffer and from what she could see Carina was not having a good time at all.

- I think you should listen to her. Vic said after a few minutes of silence. – I'll be in my room if you need anything. She added before withdrawing and leaving the two of them in the living room.

Carina slowly approached Maya who remained static in the same place, not looking away and not saying a word. When she was close enough, Carina took Maya's hand waiting for her to react in some way, but nothing, the blonde didn't move a hair.

- Maya can you sit with me please, so I can explain everything to you. Carina whispered as she guided Maya to the couch. Maya plopped down on the comfortable sofa, Carina sat next to her almost without leaving any space between them and without letting go of her hand at any moment.

- Why did you do that? Maya murmured a few seconds later, moving her head slightly to look Carina straight in the eye. – I thought we had something special, that this was important to you too. She added pointing to the space between the two of them, while a tear fell down her cheek.

- I didn't do anything Maya. And of course, this is important to me, our relationship is the best thing that ever happened to me Maya, I would never throw it away for a one night stand with any stranger I meet. Said Carina seriously.

- But it wasn't just any stranger Carina, it was your ex-girlfriend, sleeping in your bed, with no clothes on. Why would your ex-girlfriend sleep with no clothes on in your bed Carina? Let's see, explain it to me because for me the most obvious answer is that the two of you spent the night together, making fun of me while I was at home unable to concentrate because all I could think about was you Carina, because for me you are the most important thing. Maya interrupted, raising her voice, remembering what had happened had made her blood boil and the tears came again.

- Maya let me explain, please. This time Carina interrupted her, while with one hand she tried to wipe the tears from the blonde's face. – Nothing happened between Arizona and me. I won't deny that was her intention, but I would never cheat on you, Maya, ever. Arizona arrived at the restaurant just as I was about to leave, she was so drunk she could barely stand on her own and I couldn't leave her there. I tried to make her go home, I asked her if someone could pick her up or if she could give me her address to take her home, but to no avail. She was adamant that she wouldn't leave there until I forgave her and gave her another chance, what was I supposed to do Maya? Since we broke up I don't know anything about her life, I had no idea who I could call to go get her, so I decided to take her to my house. When we got to my house I offered her to sleep on the couch and she immediately fell asleep and I went to sleep in my room.

- That doesn't explain why she was without clothes and in your bed. Maya interrupted, desperate to know the truth behind the whole mess.

- Please let me finish. Said Carina, taking her hands in hers, hoping that would reassure the blonde. – I don't know how long I was asleep, but suddenly I heard knocking on my bedroom door, I didn't remember Arizona was at my place, so I thought the noise was my imagination and ignored it, but they kept knocking and when I finally opened my eyes Arizona was at the door only in her underwear. I asked her to leave, but she is too stubborn, again she begged me to forgive her and give her another chance, she tried to manipulate me again with old memories of when we were together. But she didn't succeed Maya, realizing that she didn't plan to leave I decided that I was the one who would leave, I took some sheets and my pillow and went to sleep on the couch. That's why when you came into my room she was sleeping there, but nothing happened Maya I swear. She added as she made little movements with her thumb over Maya's hand.

- Carina, why didn't you tell me Arizona was at your house yesterday, you could have called me or written me.

- I know and you don't know how much I regret not having done it. But I didn't want to worry you, besides you had a lot of work to finish and I didn't want to distract you. I swear I was going to tell you everything today when we met, I would never hide something like this from you Maya. Said Carina without looking away from the blonde's eyes.

- You can't imagine how much it hurt me to see her there, to think that it was over between us, that I had never been as important to you as you are to me, that you had chosen her instead of me. I thought I had lost you forever Carina. Maya sobbed, lowering her eyes.

- Hey look at me. Murmured softly Carina taking her chin with one hand and guiding the blonde's face slightly to join their gazes again. – Bambina don't ever think about that again. What you and I have is different Maya, it's... fantastico, it's ours, just ours. I'm here, with you and I don't plan to go anywhere else, so you'll have to put up with me for much much much much longer. She added, causing Maya to giggle. – Seeing you sad breaks my heart and I can't stand knowing that it was me who made you feel this way, I'm really really sorry.

- I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before, I was so blinded by what I saw, I didn't think there could be a reasonable explanation. I shouldn't have doubted you.

- You have nothing to regret Maya, if I had been in your place, I would have done the same or behaved even worse. Said Carina with a smile on her face. – But promise me you won't run away from me like that again Maya, I was so worried about you, if something had happened to you because of me I would never forgive myself.

- I promise. Said Maya imitating Carina's smile.

Carina slowly brought her hand to Maya's cheek caressing it softly, while with the other she took the pendant of her necklace between her fingers. – Remember, always together, no matter the distance or the obstacles in the way.

- Always together. Maya repeated, bringing her forehead close to the Italian's, breathing in her sweet scent, happy that all the horrible scenarios that had gone through her head were only part of her imagination.

Without moving their foreheads apart, Carina took Maya's face between her hands and gently pulled her close, brushing her lips in a tender and delicate kiss. Maya didn't hesitate at all to return the kiss, deepening it even more, demonstrating with every second how much she adored being this close to Carina. The kiss lasted a few more seconds before they slowly pulled away from each other, a huge smile on their lips. They stayed in that position for a few minutes, not looking away from each other, communicating through their eyes everything they were feeling at that moment, until Carina broke silently with what she had been waiting to tell the blonde for a long time.

- I love you Maya. She murmured softly, causing the blonde to smile even more if that was possible.

- I love you Carina. Maya replied, bringing her lips close to Carina's again.