16.

They spent some more time on the beach, just the two of them, enjoying each other's company and the sea breeze, until it was time to pack up and head to the airport. Like the previous time, the girls said goodbye at the airport with lots of kisses, hugs and promises to talk to each other every day.

10 days later...

Time passed much slower than they expected, each day felt eternal when they were not together. They talked and texted each other whenever they could, but nothing compared to the physical contact, to the sparks they felt every time their skins brushed. Despite this, Carina tried to enjoy her days in Italy as much as possible, as she would be away from her home and family for a long time. Her grandfather, who had practically raised her, was extremely proud of her and the big step she had decided to take. He was blindly confident that Carina would do a great job with the new restaurant. He was also very happy to see Carina so excited and cheerful, he knew that part of that happiness was caused by Maya and it calmed him to know that Carina would not be alone, that she would have someone to support her unconditionally.

Meanwhile, Maya and her mom had finally moved out of her father's abusive ways and had managed to move out of their old house without any problems. When her father returned from the his trip he tried to contact them like crazy, but Maya took care of everything, they changed phone numbers and made sure that only the people closest to them and most trusted knew where they lived now. So far everything was going pretty well and Maya really hoped that everything would stay that way.

The day Carina was traveling back to Los Angeles arrived and emotions were running high. Carina felt so happy for this new stage of her life, but at the same time she felt a little nostalgic and sad because she would be far away from her grandfather. This time Andrea would travel with her and stay a few days in LA to be able to support and accompany her sister on the opening day. Amelia would travel a few days before the event, as she would not miss such an important day in her best friend's life.

When the Deluca siblings arrived Maya was already at the airport waiting, she was so anxious she couldn't wait another second away from her favorite person. When she saw them out the door she rushed towards them, the second she was close to Carina she wrapped her arms tightly around her and pulled her in, joining her lips in a passionate and long awaited kiss. She didn't care at all about the curious looks of the people walking around, the only thing that mattered to her was that she finally had her girlfriend back in her arms.

- I missed you so much. Maya said after a few seconds when it was necessary to pull away to take a breath.

- Yes, I noticed. Said Carina with a huge smile. – I missed you too, bella. She gave her another small kiss on the lips.

- Mhmmm you two are very cute, but you forget that there are more people around you. Interrupted Andrea pulling the girls out of their bubble.

- Hey, nice to see you too. Said Maya as she gave Andrea a hug.

The next few days before the opening were spent helping Carina get settled into her new apartment, Andrea was staying at a hotel near the apartment so they spent most of the time the three of them together. Carina couldn't have been happier with how well Maya and her brother were getting along.

The opening day had arrived and everyone was very excited, Carina for her part was a bundle of nerves she had worked so hard to get to this point, it was a very important day for her and her family and she didn't want to disappoint her grandfather who had trusted her for something so important. Besides, she had been thinking all morning about her mom and how proud she would be to see how far she had come thanks to her effort and love for cooking. Maya noticed the Italian woman's thoughtful face, which, far from looking happy, reflected some nostalgia and sadness.

- Hey, what are you thinking about, is everything all right? she asked hugging Carina from behind.

- Yes, I was just thinking about my mom and how much I would like her to be present at this moment. Carina replied with a small smile.

- You've worked so hard, I'm sure your mom would be so proud of you. Maya turned her body slightly to face the Italian so that she could look her in the eyes.

- I know, but I can't help thinking how much I miss her. She would be so happy with all this it's so unfair that she couldn't get to see all that Andrea and I have achieved. A small tear ran down Carina's cheek.

- I know, but from somewhere she is watching you, she knows how hard you have worked to get to this day and I'm sure she is very proud of the wonderful, intelligent and beautiful woman her daughter has become. Maya wiped the tear from the Italian woman's cheek. – Today is your day, everything is going to be perfect, you'll see. She said giving her a small kiss on the forehead.

After a while Carina was much calmer and relaxed. The girls got dressed and headed to the restaurant. When they arrived, Andrea and Amelia were already waiting for them, whose enthusiasm could be seen from miles away. The two greeted them with hugs and words of encouragement and admiration for the Italian for how well the place had turned out. At the inauguration everything was perfect, many people arrived at the restaurant, including all their friends and Maya's mother, who was finally going to have the pleasure of meeting Carina.

- Carina my mom, mom Carina. Maya said as she moved her hands back and forth introducing each of them.

- Hi Carina, I'm glad to finally meet you, Maya has told me a lot about you. Said Maya's mom giving Carina a big hug, who happily reciprocated.

- Likewise Mrs. Bishop, I'm glad you were able to come to the opening.

- I wouldn't miss it, plus Maya kept talking about how amazing it was going to be. And call me Katherine, please.

Maya's mom kept smiling at how happy Maya was next to Carina. For a while now she had noticed how Maya's demeanor had changed, she seemed more excited and cheerful and now she realized why, Carina was lovely and with just a couple of words they exchanged Maya's mom already adored her.

Everyone enjoyed the variety of Italian dishes that were served and several drinks. The atmosphere was quite family friendly, so everyone was having a good time. Maya's friends seemed to get along quite well with Andrea and Amelia and were already adopting them as part of the family. Maya was talking with Vic, Amelia and Andrea when she noticed out of the corner of her eye how a blonde approached Carina with a bouquet of roses in her hand. When she saw the blonde hug Carina and give her a kiss on the cheek, she felt a twist in her stomach and couldn't help but turn her full attention to Carina and completely forget about the talk with her friends.

- God! What is she doing here? Amelia exclaimed when she saw where Maya was looking.

This chapter is not that interesting but the next one will be better, I promise.

Btw I uploaded a new story if you haven't read it yet go and give it a try, I'd appreciate it.