24.

- What the hell are you doing Maya?!

- Dad? Maya exclaimed when she looked Lane in the eye.

- What the hell are you doing, kissing a girl in front of all these people? What the hell is wrong with you, I didn't raise you like this? Don't you ever think about what these people will think of you, what they will think of me for having a daughter like you? Lane Bishop shouted, under the gaze of those on the dance floor. Maya was stunned, unable to move or say a word. Her eyes fixed on her father's look of contempt, as she felt the gazes of all the guests on her. Her breathing began to hitch, and she felt like she was about to lose control. Carina was just as surprised as Maya, she looked away from the man when she noticed that Maya was about to have a panic attack, instinctively her hand took the blonde's hand in support. An act that did not go unnoticed by Lane, who was fuming with anger.

- And who the hell are you? Lane addressed Carina in a dismissive tone. – Stay away from my daughter, I don't want you to ever come near her again. He added, grabbing the blonde by the arm and pulling her away from Carina. – You come with me Maya and I will not let you near this woman again.

Carina was furious at the man's attitude, but she wasn't going to make a bigger fuss than the one Lane had already created, so she tried to control her Italian temper and addressed the man politely. – I'm sorry Mr. Bishop, but you don't have the right to treat Maya that way. And the one who should make that decision is Maya not you.

- I don't know who the hell you think you are, but Maya is my daughter, I shaped her my way, I invested years in her to make her who she is now. You are not going to come and tell me how to treat my own daughter. Lane said, approaching Carina who, despite the man's words and challenging face, remained straight and ready to face whatever it took. – I don't know what you said to Maya to make her fall for your games, but no more. Maya is coming with me and everything will go back to the way it was, right Maya?

Maya remained behind, barely aware of what was happening, her hands were shaking and she just wanted to turn back time and go back to the Italian woman's arms. She heard screams all around, but the words were not clear, until a strong grip on her arm brought her back to reality. – Maya? Maya? Damn it Maya, answer that I'm talking to you. She heard her father's words as he squeezed her arm to get her attention. – Tell this woman that you're coming with me and that you never want to see her again. Lane ordered.

Immediately Maya's eyes met Carina's. Those beautiful brown eyes that she adored so much now showed sadness. She knew her so well that with just a glance she knew what the Italian was thinking. With her gaze she was telling her that she loved her and that no matter her decision she would always be there for her, but at the same time with her gaze she was begging her not to leave her, to fight her demons, to fight for them.

In all the years Maya lived under Lane Bishop's rules and orders, she had never dared to contradict him. Always doing whatever her father ordered her to do, everything to please him and to feel that for an instant her father was proud of her, to feel for a small fraction of time that she wasn't a disappointment. Maya the perfect Bishop, doing everything to please her father, though it was never enough. Her mother and she had been brave enough to walk away from him and since then everything had been so much better, she felt she could be herself and fight for what she really wanted. She had taken control of her life and so suddenly everything fell apart, having Lane in front of her made her feel again like that little girl who only wanted to please her father, like that little girl who never dared to contradict him.

But on the other hand there was Carina, the beautiful and sweet Carina, who with just a look or a smile would completely brighten her day. Carina who had completely stolen her heart from the first moment she saw her sitting in that pizzeria. She watched as a tear ran down the Italian's cheek and her heart broke into pieces. Would she be brave enough to fight for the love of her life or would she continue to be the "perfect Maya Bishop" doing everything her father ordered her to do?

- MAYA! For the hell of it, tell this woman you never want to see her again so we can get the hell out of here and stop embarrassing me once and for all! Lane shouted, breaking the silence that had settled over the place.