18.

They waited for Carina to calm down and returned to the party with all their friends and family to enjoy the atmosphere and the food, until everyone started to say goodbye and it was time to end the celebration.

- I really hate not being able to spend the night with you but I have to take my mom home and have that job ready for tomorrow morning. Maya said disappointed that she couldn't stay with Carina that night and support her after the conversation they had in the bathroom.

- It's okay bella, I understand. Said Carina wrapping her arms around Maya's waist.

- Do you want me to drop you off at your apartment?

- No, don't worry about it. I'm just finishing up a few things here and I'll call an Uber to take me.

- Are you sure about that? I don't mind giving you a ride.

- I'm sure Maya. Go finish your work, the sooner you finish, the sooner we can be together. Said Carina leaving a kiss on Maya's forehead.

- Okay, I'm going to miss you. But I promise that tomorrow right after I finish my work I'll come see you. Maya said before leaving a kiss on the Italian's lips and leaving Carina alone in the restaurant.

Carina finished arranging a few things, grabbed her purse and just as she was about to leave, someone opened the door of the restaurant, causing Carina to be startled by the unexpected visitor.

- Arizona? What are you doing back here? I thought I had made things clear. Carina shouted as she saw Arizona enter the restaurant, the blonde was carrying a half-empty bottle of wine in her hand and was already walking with difficulty due to the effects of the alcohol.

- Carina, I can't let you go. I love you, I never stopped loving you. She said slurring her words, making it quite clear that she had had too much to drink and it was the alcohol speaking for her. – Forgive me please, forgive me, forgive me, forgive me, forgive me. I promise if you give me another chance I won't let you down again.

- Arizona, you're too drunk, you have no idea what you're talking about. Interrupted Carina who no longer knew what to do when she saw the blonde in that state. – Go home, please. Do you have someone who can come and get you? Carina asked sincerely.

- I'm not leaving Carina, not until you forgive me. Arizona crossed her arms and sat down in a chair showing that she didn't intend to move from the spot.

- Arizona that's enough, please tell me where you live I'm going to get an Uber to take you home, you can't stay here and you're too drunk to go back alone.

Arizona remained in the same position without saying a word, she just shook her head.

- Arizona, are you serious? shouted Carina who was already losing her patience, while the blonde remained unresponsive.

Carina turned the matter over in her head, she couldn't leave her there. No matter what damage Arizona did to her, Carina would never leave a drunk woman alone on the street at this time of night. So she grabbed her cell phone and ordered an Uber, on the way Carina tried to get the blonde to tell her where she lived to drop her off at that place, but got no answer, so they ended up at Carina's place.

Upon arrival Carina gave the blonde a glass of water, which she immediately accepted. She prepared the couch for her and took her to it so that Arizona could get comfortable and spend the night there. She was so drunk, she just settled down and fell fast asleep. Carina went to her room and texted Maya, telling her that she got home safely, that she missed her and couldn't wait to see her tomorrow. She decided it was best to avoid the subject of Arizona, she would tell her all about it tomorrow when they were together, put on some shorts and a top and went to sleep.