chapter 1

It was 01:07 when I awoke with a screaming start. The dreams were back but they weren't my dreams. It was like seeing a million dreams at the same time, some prepossessing but others petrifying. I sat up in bed and tried to calm myself but I couldn't, it didn't matter how hard I tried the dreams kept coming. I stayed up the rest of the night just trying to figure out what was happening to me. I kept thinking that maybe I just wasn't adjusting to my new family yet but was that really it. I felt like more was happening, like something dark and powerful was going to arise, but what?

 Finally the clock struck 07:00 and it was time to get ready for school it was a Friday which meant I had art class. I had been finding it very hard to concentrate over past few weeks due to my dreams and lack of sleep, but I still managed to get through the day without to many questions being asked. I took the bus to Lake View middle school every day. As I exited the bus I spotted Clara waiting for me near the school entrance. She was pretty with red hair and eyes that were as deep as the bluest sea.

We headed to our first class but as we were walking I saw something that terrified me . The shadow from my dreams was in my school but how. I thought I could only dream but I never thought I would be able to see a figure from my dream when I was wide awake. What is happening to me, this doesn't make sense. I started to go pale and I felt so week, like I was going to collapse. This can't be happening not now, not in the school hall. I have to get away from here.

"Jake are you ok.?"

"yeah I'm fine."

"you look pale."

This can't be happening I thought to myself, please why couldn't this have happened somewhere else. I stopped walking for a split second and everything started spinning. Clara looked back at me and I could see the concern in her eyes. Then everything went black as I fell to the floor. Clara rushed to my side checking if I could hear her but I was out cold. Jason saw me fall to the floor and rushed over to Clara's side.

"Clara what happened?

"I'm not sure we were walking and he looked pale, he said he was fine"

"of course he did."

"He just collapsed."

"I'll go get a teacher and you wait here in case he wakes up."

"ok thanks Jason."

Mrs Walker rushed over with Jason and called an ambulance. When the ambulance arrived 15 minutes later I was still out .