Chapter 16

Re-entering the dreamscape I reached out to scarlet...she was sitting in a meadow with roses of all colour. Using all my strength I tried to remain unseen but it was no use.

"Jake I'm not going back.''

"Yes you are, I figured it out. I have enough power bring you back as a human, the dream world is also a place where spirits roam. If I could hold on to your spirit in the dream scape then touch your body I should be able to bring you back and maybe even mum and dad."

"do you hear yourself Jake?, if you did bring me back what would we say that she didn't actually die. That they buried a girl alive. Jake I can't come back.''

"you will because every night from now on I will try. If locking you up in a castle for years is what it takes I'll do it.''

Scarlet looked at me with concern in her eyes, she was scared because she knew that I could do it and even if she fights me...my power will win.

Imagining a castle with walls and a room fit for a queen I grabbed Scarlet letting my emotions take over. There we were standing in a room amongst many others it had windows that gave the most spectacular view over the water , the walls were covered with pictures of the sea and the bed...well it was spectacular the covers were white with rose petals on it and white drapes covered the sides of the bed , the outside of the bed had tree branches around it making it seem enchanted.

Turning towards scarlet and seeing her face light up made me feel so much better about what I was about to do. I pushed scarlet further into the room and locked it.

"Jake what are you doing? You can't bring me back you mustn't."

"I'm sorry scarlet but I am going to try no matter how hard you fight to change me." Leaving the castle and imaging the library I re-opened the book searching and searching for more ways to bring her back. I lost her once before and I wouldn't do it again.