Chapter 25

Sharlette and I landed on the top of Eifel tower my hands still cupping her face.  I pulled away slightly embarrassed but smiling.  
"How did you?, it's amazing"
"Someone was dreaming about it and it always looks gorgeous at night time."
"You can see all the lights from up here."  Our hands interlocked as we sat on a bench, the stars glimmering above us, it was perfect.   
"Jake we should go back now before someone starts looking for us."
"ok."
"How about you take us home tonight.  Just focus on Jasons street it's closest to our houses."
"Ok."  I slipped my hand into hers and began to concentrate searching for Jason.  it took a good half an hour but eventually I got it. 
"Hold on tight I whispered."  

Then within seconds Sharlette and I were on Jasons street it was 6:25pm and cerfew was at 6:30pm.  we both shot off in opposite directions running to get home.  At 6:29 I opened the door and sat at the table.  Mom was already waiting at first she looked kind of mad but that was only because our microwave oven had broke.  

"Hi Mum."
"Hi Jake, what have you and Sharlette been up to?  I barely see you anymore."
"We went to the park for most of the day and stopped at Hungry Jacks for lunch.  What's for dinner?"  
"nothing exciting just meat pies and chips."
"Yum."  the rest of dinner mum and I spent talking about how the day went and what we got upto.  It had been awhile since mum and I had chatted for fun.  After dinner I did the dishes and went up to my room, I was tired after getting back.  

slipping my back pack off I pulled a note out from my back pocket it read:be excited for tonight will be the best night of your life  Sharlette.  I wasn't sure what she meant but what I was sure about was wanting to go to bed.  I lifted the covers over my head and began to dream.  The Shadow being was in the distance and I didn't want to get side tracked or waste anymore of my dealing with it.  I imagined the house I grew up in the carpets the colours of the walls and even My room.  Soon enough I was their and this time instead of it being run down it was full of colour like I never left.  My power was growing and  a mix of happy and sad tears fell from eyes.  

Going into the living room I stared at the family portrait, a picture that had been taken years ago yet the experience still fresh in my mind.  A small sad smile crept over my face as the memories of that day returned from a locked box.  Suddenly the house began to shake and crumble to the ground.  I didn't know what was happening.  I knelt to the ground and focused on the ground and sky trying to connect both my body and mind to this world.  Sharlette had taught me how but never had I tried so vigorously.  Time was now everything but not much was left.  windows began to shatter and doors splintered.  I screamed out.
"No"  Not a moment to soon everything stopped...no froze.  

Never before in my life could I stop an event from occurring in the dream realm.  To do so would mean being totally connected in both worlds with mind and body.  Trying to hold this wouldn't last long so in a final effort I called out searching for Sharlette.  I needed her now.  

Just as one lamp crashed on the floor Sharlette entered knowing exactly what to do. 
"Listen Jake I know why you called me but I can't help only very few are able to do what you're doing and i'm not one of them."
"Yeah well Ican't hold this so help me."
"You're to focused on keeping this place together put your focus into connecting into the worlds with both mody and mind-"
"Don't you think i'm trying here. Ahh"  Trying harder I put all of my focus into connecting but still nothing. 
"Try harder Jake, you have to."
"I am"  In a final effort a burst of power shook through my bones and I calapsed.  In my mind everything was filled with darkness and no matter how hard I ran through it there was no end.  

Is there really any light at the end of the tunnel?...