Chapter 10

I wasn't sure how long I lay there, crying, screaming and blaming myself. Scarlet had been my everything and now she was gone. I called Jason and he took over the rest, calling the police and telling my mum. Tears streamed down her face, I watched but said nothing.

The police arrived at scene, I couldn't watch so I left back to Jason's house. I ran into my room shutting the door behind me everyone was out but still I slammed the door. Tears streamed down my face, I cried myself into a deep sleep.

The world of dreams was as dark as ever, it seemed to swallow me into the darkness. Voices I heard voices...Scarlets voice. It was week but reaching out to me. My grief was to much so much that I didn't know what I was doing in the dream world. I reached out trying to answer, I heard her sweet voice in return to mine.

"It's ok Jake it's me." But it couldn't be, it just can't be.

"b..ut but you're dead."

"yes but somehow you managed to meet me."

"This can't be happening... it just can't. Mum always said I was special, different in some way but...I...I thought she was just making me feel special like some super hero."

"Jake how did you reach me?, can you reach others?, can you reach mum and dad?"

"I...I don't know but I...I'll try. This was weird am I could I be a dream walker?"

I tried to find mum and dad but couldn't, I was tired and soon lost connection with Scarlet. Keep searching, keep remembering. I took myself back to the day my parents past away, slowly the memories came back and the dream scaped morphed into the day of the accident.

There they were mum and dad, I tried reaching out but couldn't, I tried again but to no avail. Then I suddenly knew why, the being or shadow creature swooped above me, it was the reason.

"Leave thisss place."it's voice was husky and every word seemed slurred.

"No, you leave my parents alone, go away." I yelled anger rising with every word. Soon enough my anger turned to pure rage and I started to imagine that shadow creature being locked in a cage. The next thing I knew it was gone, I was gone and in front of me was the shadow locked in a cage with steel restraints.

Searching my memories I went back to the accident, I called out, they looked around. Everything looked ghostly, a pale tint over everything. Exhaustion took over and I lost all connection to the dream world. Now I lay in complete and utter darkness, a sense of evil lurking there.