Chapter41

I didn't want to leave Sharlette but at the same time I knew that she needed some space even if she didn't.  Everything in my world changed so fast.  I remember the times with Scarlet where we'd play cards and board games for hours.  I remember when she got scared in the night and even though my voices was pitchy i'd sing to her until scarlet would fall asleep.  

In my opinion it was weird but she asked me to do it every time she got scared in the night and every time i sung the same song.  She'd fall asleep in my small bed and i'd sleep on the floor making sure nothing would happen to her.  Looking back it's kind of funny how i now love a girl with a rhyming name and now i'm the one who's scared by the night.  

Scarlet was an amazing sister and maybe soon i'd Sharlette would tell me everything but until that day I promised i wouldn't push. if she thought i was ready she'd tell me.  After all Sharlette knows me better than I ever knew myself but I didn't really know that much about Sharlette's background i knew she was in foster care but that was it.  

I'd asked before and she said"some things are better left unknown."  it hurt me that she wouldn't trust me but maybe she couldn't trust herself to be okay after speaking though words.  Even if she never told me anything i'd still love her but there was no way I was going to make the same mistake twice.  

Loosing Scarlet was painful enough, living with her I will always treasure but knowing that there was so much she never told me or thought she couldn't tell me that's what hurt me the most.  Sharlette would tell me eventually but until then i would let her know that i'd always be there for her and no matter what she told me it wouldn't ever change the way i'd see her or love her.  trust is something that works both ways i was quicker to trust and now i must wait for her to catch up.  

I'd never leave her not now not ever.  She was my everything.  Without her there would be no sun to my sky and no moon to my night for she is my forever Shining light.