Chapter 30

Sharlette had left leaving me alone with my thoughts.  My thoughts weren't like most peoples they were filled with terror and darkness.  All I wanted was to see Scarlet but last time didn't go to well.  I locked her up in a castle.  A nice castle but still freedom was a choice and it didn't matter how glorious it may seem if you are trapped it is still a prison.

Closing my eyes I thought about Scarlet and all the adventures we'd been on.  Some were amazing and others petrifying but through it all we stayed together.  I missed her smile and her terrible jokes I even missed the way she talked.  Soon my thoughts became a whirl wind taking me places no one should go but through it all Scarlet was on the otherside still locked up in the castle. 
"Scarlet?"
"Jake it's been awhile."
"I've come to say sorry Scarlet.  You were right and also the castle isn't a dungeon anymore you can come and go as you please." 
"Jake ther's something I need to tell you."  her voice grew quiet but serious and I knew things were about to get very intense. 
"okayyy."
"You can only stay in the dreamworld for so long once you've passed away Jake.  I won't be here for much longer it's almost been 4months and i'll have to leave in 2."  Scarlets eyes looked downwards and she was un able to lookme in the eyes."
"I'll miss you Scarlet, I guess i always new that you'd have to leave but I never wanted to let go." My eyes began to water and trying to push back the tears only made more come.
"I know." Scarlet now turned her head upwards looking me directly in the eyes. "you'll be ok Jake you always are."

Tears fell from our eyes and I tried to hold them back.  Scarlet came closer and I closed the distance between us giving her a tight hug.  
"Scarlet I need to know why you joined the gang and sent people to hurt Sharlette."  silence filled the air and I stood awkwardly waiting for her reply.
"The people there made me feel like I belonged and...and I could tell them what to do and they'd do it without question. I always wanted to be good at something but in School I never succeeded and foster family to foster family drove me crazy Jake." tears now brimmed in her eyes as a deep sense of regret filled her. 
"But I was always there Scarlet always and yet ther's so much i don't know about you."
"I'm sorry Jake but i'm keeping it that way you'd hate me if you knew."
"No I wouldn't, I still love you now and that will never change please just...just trust me soon we'll never have another chance to see eachother."
"Exactly  why our time together now should be spent on more joyful things."  

I sensed she was loosing her cool so backing off I changed the land scape to a beautiful field with all sorts of flowers.  A flash of darkness blurred my vision...Shadow being was back and it began to enter my mind.  It brought back every sorrowfilled memory my eyes roll into the back of my head.  Scarlets body against the tree and our parents bodies in the car as it exploded into flames.  the torment of my coma and the feeling of being utterly alone it all came flooding in.  Soon I was back on the beach where Scarlet lay as still as death itself and once again I tried to revive her.  It was an on going cycle.  The sea swallowed me up and darkness filled my vision.  I have to get out, I have to get up, I need air, air ,air ,air. Shapes filled my vision.  I lay on the sea floor waves crashing above me, sharks swimming around me. would I die here?, would anyone find me, I need air, I have to go up, you have to fight, just one breath that's all I neeeeeddd...