chapter 20

waking up everything seemed to have happened in a blur.  I vaguely remember getting Scarlet back but then everything went black.  Moving back in with mom has helped but I can see that my attitude has taken a toll on her.  She trys so hard staying up late with me and Ninja Warior like I used to but it's not the same.  

After all the junk thats happened i've just wanted to have some fun live a little you know.  walking down the street, yelling came from all corners and in the middle of the group stood a teenage girl around 13-14 15 year old boys encircled her, she was crying at first i thought she was hurt but then I realized they were tears of fear. 

Not knowing what to do I stayed listening in and watching.  if they touched her i'd get involved and call the police but wait...looking closely it hit me the guys were from my school say a year or to older than me that puts them at 15 or 16 and the girl she was...leaning in just a bit...she was Jasons cousin.  

This was weird Jason mentioned her a couple times but said she was always busy it was odd how they never hung out.  Searching my mind i tried to find the name...what was her name...Sharlette.  She was hot and no she isn't a blond.  She has long brown hair that reaches down to waist.  I couldn't get a clear veiw but she was wearing a skirt that went upto mid thigh it had a black back ground with red roses on it.  along with her skirt she wore a red singlet fitting her perfectly.

"Sharlette come on tell me how much you want."
"I won't let you." she screamed.  "Get off me"  she yelled in terror. 
That was it, I was going to end this here and now.  Not being sure what was quite going on I leaned out of the shadows and began to walk but instead of the boys yelling at me they ran, the leader slapping sharlette across the face.  She screamed and fell to the ground blood running down the side of her face.  
Walking slowly towards her she screamed.
"Stop." it came out choked and full of fear. slowing my pace down I took slow cautious steps. 
"It's okay i'm not going to hurt you.  I've been staying with Jason for a while."
She seemed to calm at this and I looked directly into her eyes.  kneeling down and brushing her hair away from her eyes I saw the resemblance between Sharlette and Jason the same eyes and hair.  nows not the time Jake. 
"Maybe we should call Jason." i said gently.  
"okay." she choked.  

Calling Jason and explaining took a little while but as soon as he actually listened to me i could hear him grabbing the car keys he was just 15 but no one else was home.  
Pulling Sharlette to her feet i pulled her in and she cried on my shoulder.  I knew she wasn't ok but i also knew that right now wasn't the time to ask.  She'd be ok i'd make sure of it.  

Jason arrived and almost jumped out of the car grabbing Sharlette away from me and pulling her close.  
"Jason he...he helped me. Thankyou Jake, I don't know what would've happened if you didn't step in."
Jason just told everyone to get in the car and we silently obeyed.  She'd be ok right?