Chapter 33

walking through my front door I tripped on the mat and landed face first on our white tiled floor.
"Jake what are you doing?"
"Nothing." I rubbed my head and walked into into the lounge.  there mum sat with TV remote in hand.
"Mum Sharlette invited us over for dinner at 5:30pm."
"I know and i've already replied. We'll be leaving at 5pm."
"isn't that a bit early?"
"The text said between 5 and 5:30 would work."
"Coolio."  

My head throbbed as I tried to look for something decent to wear I didn't want to be fancy but I didn't want to appear homeless either.  Ditching the shorts I slid on a pair of black denim jeans and pulled on a white collored shirt.  Perfect. 
"Jake we're leaving."
"Coming Mum."  I rushed downstairs my head still throbbing and was amazed to see my Mum slightly dressed up not to fancy but not unformal.  She looked good and a smile was on her face again.  

The drive was only 15minutes and Mum knocked on the door.  I stood there nervously waiting as the door opened to reveal Sharlette wearing a red summer dress that flattered her shape exposing every curve and hugging to her legs.  
"Hello Mrs Jayna."
"hello Sharlette Jayna is fine."
"Hey Sharlette." My eyes locked with hers and we both let out a nervous giggle. 
"Come on in."  Mum and I stepped inside, there house had same design as the one in the dreamscape.  The stair case, rooms, kitchen even the dining room.  I shuddered but kept walking.  
"Hello Jayna and Jake it's nice to finally meet you.  Sharlette talks very highly of you both." she turned her head away, cheeks red. After all the introductions were made Sharlette led me to their backyard.  It had lush green grass and a trampoline in the center.  

"You have a nice place."
"Thanks.  so what you wanna do?"
"um...i'm not sure."
"you worried about the adults embarrassing us?"
"Yeah I guess and something else."  we moved the trampoline out from under  the tree and climbed on reaching a hand down to Sharlette. 
"Thanks."
"Sharlette why does this house have the same set up as the one in the dream scape?"
"I'm not 100% sure but I think they were designed by the same person or...cpmpany.  Why were you asking?"
"Just curious." the sun began to set and a red, orange and purple sky hung above us.  Our hands interlocked as we turned our eyes towards the sky. The clouds were soon gone and soon it would be time for star gazing. 

 Sharlette looked so beautiful in that dress.  The way it fitted her slight hour glass figure.  
"The skies so beautiful at night time."
"The stars are brighter than usual."  
"You look good in formal wear Jake." my eyes turned from the sky and instead they met her eyes.
"You look really good that dress Sharlette."
"I guess we've never really seen eachother in formal wear before."  she blushed and I smiled.
"I guess we haven't."  
"DINNERS Ready."
"Coming." we yelled.  I jumped off and Sharlette almost fell her foot caught in one of the springs.
"Ow. I bet that looked stupid." we bothed laughed and smiles were upon are faces.
"You're not stupid.  here let me help you."  I pulled on the fabric of the trampoline gently pulling her foot as I lifted her off.  
" Thanks" She dipped her head embarrassed as my hands left her hips.  
"you're welcome.  now come on lets eat." I grabbed her hand and we ran the short metres to the door.  I opened the door letting Sharlette in before me and the  two women gave exchanged smiles.  while Sharlette and I rolled our eyes.  
"Sharlette this is going to be a long dinner." I whispered before taking my seat as Sharlette gave me a smile of recognition.  The night when on and dinner seemed to last forever as the adults my mum shared embarrassing moments and Sharlette laughed.  Her stories how ever were much more entertaining.  The night was filled with laughter and happiness never before had I felt so happy than in this moment.   Everyone had big smiles on their faces and bellies sore from laughter....