Toast to heartbreaks ➵James Potter

Clearing his throat, James started towards Lily," Lilypads, Lilyflower, will you go to Hogsmeade with me?"

Lily rolled her eyes and replied," Potter, I thought you'd have got it in your head by now. I will not go with you. Ever."

James, looking visibly disappointed, took his usual seat between me and Sirius. I smiled at him apologetically and gave him a bagel from my plate.

Smiling sadly, he took it. "It must have looked pathetic if even Paws is sharing her food with me. Do you ever think she'll give me the time of the day, Pads?"

Sirius, sharing a looked with Remus, smirked. "She might not. But I know a lot of other girls who like you. Paws here also-"

I cleared my throat loudly, glaring at Sirius and Remus," I'm sure one day she'll realize how wonderful you are, James."

"Thanks, Paws," he called out, before leaving. After he'd left, I turned to Remus," You told Sirius!? I thought Marauders were supposed to have each others' backs?"

Remus was about to say something, when Sirius interrupted him saying," Paws, we're just trying to help you out here. At this rate, it looks like you're going to suffer this life-long!"

"I love you guys, I really do, but, don't get involved in things that you have no right to meddle with. Do you think I like having to suffer like this? It sucks, but I'll get through it. I'm trying to get over him, I really am." With that, I left.

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

"Paws!" James said one night as we said, alone in the Common Room.

"Prongs!" I said, with the same tone.

"I need some advice."

"Okay..."

"You're a girl."

"Well spotted."

"I need you to tell me how I should get my Lilypads to like me back."

"Oh," I said, suppressing a frown. I knew he'd never like me but it didn't stop it hurting whenever he mentioned her to me. She was perfect. A prefect, smart, funny, and beautiful with her rosy cheeks dusted with freckles and her red hair falling on her shoulders in beautiful waves. I could never compete with her. (A/n: All of you are perfect just the way you are. You can fight me if you disagree.)

Thinking for a second, I replied," Firstly, no nicknames. No calling her Lilypads or Lilyflower or whatnot. She clearly hates those. Also, no saying that she's your Lilyflower. She's not a thing, she's a person. Secondly, maybe you should ask her out a little less often, in private. Girls, don't really like their personal lives being on display for everyone to see. Make it small and personal. And, you can learn about her hobbies and interests and try to have an actual conversation with her about those without asking her out every two seconds."