Safe and Sound ➵Ginny Weasley

Anonymous request

Anonymous request. I hope you like it!

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

You hated how it was assumed that only the sacred 28 pureblood families show prejudice based on blood. Because it most definitely wasn't. And you experienced it every day. Just because you were a part of the rich pureblood families, just because you were a Malfoy, it was straight up assumed that you were evil and had to be put in your place.

You didn't know what you ever did to deserve it but it sucked. It had started with a few digs at your family here and there, then it got more personal, judgy comments at you but now it had gone a bit too far, it had become physical.

You were in potions class, which happened to be your worst subject, no matter how hard you tried. Today, you'd had the misfortune of blowing your potion up in the middle of an assignment and Snape, who usually let your failures pass due to you being a Malfoy and a Slytherin had made you stand and told you off, telling you how much help you'd need if you ever wanted to pass.

Closing your eyes, you let out a painful sigh, biting your inner cheek nervously. When class finally ended, you walked out immediately, hoping you wouldn't run into a certain few people who tormented you for just existing.

They were a group of Gryffindors in your year, whose names you didn't quite remember nor did you want to remember. But it was just your luck when you found yourself cornered to a wall by the very same group. 

"Hey Malfoy," one of them said. You grimaced, trying to walk away from them but they had already cornered you.

"I saw your potions work today. Guess you can't count on passing just for being a pureblood prissy Malfoy, can you?" another said.

"I- uh- I need to go," you said, clutching your books tighter in your arms.

"Come on, Malfoy, we're just getting started here."

"Can't you take a joke, Daddy's little spoilt brat of a pureblood?" a black-haired one said, pointing her wand towards you and muttering a spell. You fell backwards stumbling at the force of whatever spell was cast on you.

You gasped, your books falling all of the ground and your supplies scattering around you. You looked to the ground, your lower lip quivering as you picked them up, struggling to not let your tears flow.

"Maybe that's enoug-" you heard a voice start but you didn't hear the rest of the sentence when another spell hit you, straight in the face, causing warm, red blood to seep down and you whimpered, quickening your motions to pick the books up.

"Aw is little princess going to cry? Go ahea-" one of them said only to be interrupted by a scream that came for the other end of the corridor.

"Oi! Leave her alone!" you heard a voice say. You turned to find Draco running towards you, his grey eyes set in a cold, harsh glare. The group parted as your brother knelt beside you, looking at your injured face. "What is wrong with you all!? You're hurting her!"