Misconceptions ➵Regulus Black

Requested by ukeduke499

Requested by ukeduke499. I hope you enjoy it. Just a heads up to y'all, Y/n is non-binary in this one and hence goes by they/them pronouns. And just imagine Regulus doesn't go over to the Dark Lord's side for this oneshot

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

Walking out of the History of Magic class, Y/n looked left and right, searching for Regulus. It was an everyday occurrence for him to wait outside one of their classes for Y/n. Not finding him, Y/n shrugged to themselves, catching up with their friends.

"No Prince Charming today?" Joey asked, raising a brow.

"Don't call him that!" Y/n rolled their eyes as they saw both Joey and Aurelie with teasing smirks on their faces.

"He's the love of your life and deep down, you know it, Y/n," Aurelie said, making them stick their tongue out at her.

"Let's just drop the topic and go, shall we?" they interjected before either of their friends could make another remark on their newly developing feelings toward Regulus Black, the resident golden boy of Slytherin. People said Sirius was attractive, but Regulus was not much behind in that aspect, with his black luscious curls and piercing eyes that were too grey to be blue but too blue to be grey. The well-defined jawline didn't hurt either.

Y/n and Regulus had formed an unlikely friendship having a run-in with each other last year, Y/n in a hurry to get to class as Regulus walked through the empty corridor, his hands in his pockets.

Y/n's books had dropped to the floor when their bodies crashed into each other. Regulus had wordlessly picked the books up, gathering the fallen things, handing them to Y/n. "Er- thanks," they spoke, offering him a smile.

"It was my fault. I wasn't looking. Hey- aren't you Y/n, L/n, the new beater of the team?"

"Yeah, that's me," Y/n said, an awkward smile on their face," I um I have class now, see you around!" They ran past the empty corridor, the books held close to their chest. Regulus watched as they left, wondering when he should return the last book that they had forgotten to pick up.

The next day, he had found Y/n walking towards the Potions class and returned the book to them. They had started talking. And as they say, the rest is history.

Ever since that day, Regulus, who had taken a lot of advanced classes prior to the rest of his classmates and was free from their grade potions, started waiting outside the Potions class for them. 

Back to the present, Y/n changed the topic, bringing up the Chudley Cannon's win in last week's match. Joey, Aurelie and Y/n walked on, turning to the next corridor when they heard panting and a yell to stop from behind. They turned back to find Regulus panting slightly as he caught up with the trio.