Always ➵James Sirius Potter

If someone told him that he'd fall in love at fourteen, James would have laughed in their face

If someone told him that he'd fall in love at fourteen, James would have laughed in their face. But he did, and he could even pinpoint the moment it happened. In his fourth year, he'd stayed at school for Christmas because his best friend, Will was staying too so that he wouldn't be alone.

At first, he'd regretted the decision a bit, missing his huge family even if they could be annoying at times. But the moment he saw you, everything flew out the window. Sure, he'd stolen glances of you before. In fact, he'd been doing it for a year already but, at that moment, he saw you in the snow, looking like an absolute goddess, a beautiful smile on your face, the snow in your hair making him want to brush it out himself, your cheeks slightly red from the cold. 

You let out a twinkling laugh, the most beautiful laugh he'd ever heard when your friend threw a ball of snow at you. And it was at that moment, he'd started falling. At that time, he thought he was crazy for falling for someone at such a young age, He thought it was just a stupid crush that he was mistaking for love and it would probably die down in a few months. 

And here he was now, two years later, and what he'd mistaken for a crush was definitely love and definitely still very much alive. In all of his years at Hogwarts, you'd never spoken to each other despite being in the same house and in the same year. 

Yes, you knew of him because of his father being the savior of the Wizarding World and the Chosen One but you didn't know anything about him. 

His whole family knew about his feelings (he'd told Teddy; he'd told mum and mum told everyone. Never again will he tell Teddy a secret) and each time he returned home, they'd ask for developments in his love life but would get disappointed by the lack of update.

He knew he had to do something at some point, but every single time he saw you, his resolve to talk to you would get reduced to a swarm of butterflies. Your sheer presence near him would cause him to stop and stare and forget everything happening around him.

Back to the present, he was now at Quidditch practice, helping Fred practice. As much as James loved his cousin, he couldn't stand him gloating about how he was the best beater there ever was. Naturally, he had to prove him wrong (someone has to deflate his huge ego) so, he grabbed a beater's bat and readied himself for the approaching bludger.

Turns out, James wasn't as good at being a beater as he was at being a chaser and he ended up swinging the bat too soon, causing the bludger to fly past him into the stands. Before he had the time to warm the people in the stand, it crashed into someone.

He flew his broom down to the stands, running frantically towards the injured person. His heart almost stopped when he saw who it was. It was you. Rushing to your side, he shook your body slightly, calling your name.

He picked you up, rushing you to Madam Pomfrey, who was not in fact very happy with the situation. Mumbling, "Quidditch. It's always Quidditch. It could've killed her-" she checked up on you, asking him to leave for a while. Fred and James stood outside the latter pacing nervously.