Home is where the heart is pt.2➵Mattheo Riddle

Hi loves! There was a lot of love for the part one and many requests for a sequel so here it is, hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

When the day was finally here, you were nervous beyond belief. Dressed in your best casual clothes which looked like you didn't care but still looked acceptable, you wrung your hands together.

Mattheo tapped you on the back, and you turned to look at him. He, of course, looked as good as he always did, dressed in semi formal pants and a dark shirt which brought his eyes out.

"You ready to go, babe?" He asked gently, brushing your hair out of your face.

You shrugged,"As ready as I can ever be, I guess."

"C'mon," he said, holding a hand out. Grabbing your purse, you took his warm hand in your cold one, standing up.

In a small swoosh you were outside your old house. It looked almost exactly the same from when you'd left and no matter how much you tried to ignore it, it made you smile. Afterall, you had spent most of your childhood here with your siblings.

Taking a deep breath, you turned to look at your boyfriend when he cleared his throat.

"Shall I knock?"

You shook your head resolutely, gnawing on your bottom lip. "I think I need to do this by myself."

"Are you sure?" He squeezed your arm.

Another deep breath in, you nodded, leaning in to leave a peck on his lips. "You go on home, this is something I need to do alone. If I'm not back by six it's because I died here, okay?"

He rolled his eyes," Don't even joke about that stuff. Love you."

"Yeah, yeah, love you too." You watched as he apparated back home.

Turning to the door, you knocked on the door thrice firmly.

The door was opened in less than a second, and you were standing in front of your estranged mother who smiled at you nervously.

"Y/n!" She exclaimed.

"Don't sound so surprised, you literally invited me here," you deadpanned.

"Right," her smile faltered," Well, come on in, you can hang your coat here."

"Yeah, I remember. I used to live here, Molly."

She completely lost her smile on you calling her by her name but you didn't know what else to call her. Calling her 'mom' felt a little too much.

You walked in behind her. She pointed to the table that was evidently set for tea with some biscuits and other snacks. Taking a seat at the table, you tapped your hand on the table.