Casually Cruel ➵Cedric Diggory

Your feet tapped on the floor nervously as you waited for Cedric to come out of the examination hall

Your feet tapped on the floor nervously as you waited for Cedric to come out of the examination hall. It was the last exam, a Defence Against Dark Arts practical and Cedric was one of the last to be called in. Your heart panged when you realised this would be one of the last few times you would wait for him in the corridors of Hogwarts. You could not understand how time flew by so quick.

Your thoughts faded when you watched Cedric come out of the room, beaming and waving at you.

He was your best friend, your safe place to land, your everything. His charming way with words and warm eyes, that reminded you of home and comfort, made it hard not to fall, you couldn't blame his entire fanbase at all for going knee-weak at a single smile. Despite your best attempts at not joining the group of people irrevocably in love with Cedric Diddory, you failed, and now your heart was tethered to him, all at his mercy to pull, push and shatter as he pleased. And he didn't even know it.

You had only recently realised that you were in love with him and now you did not know how to act around him. Sure, you had always liked him a little bit, but this? Love? It terrified you to no end but you couldn't think of anyone better to fall for. You would do it over and over again without a second thought.

You knew deep down that there was no way he would like you back. You had known each other since nappies and all he saw you as was his best friend. While you loved having that title, being his safe person, you wanted more.

You wanted to be able to give him all your love, in every way possible. In ways that best friends weren't allowed to.

"Sunshine, hi! You didn't have to wait," he said, falling into step as he swung an arm around your neck, pulling you close enough to smell his cinnamon scent which made you just a little dizzy.

"I wanted to," you smiled," How did it go?"

"I struggled with my Patronus because, well, I kept seeing that night. But, I got it at the end," He shivered a little," I hate dementors and what we saw wasn't even the real deal."

You squeezed his hand comfortingly," Hey, you got it though, I couldn't find a memory strong enough. I probably moved down a grade because of that, but I'll pass."

He gasped in offence," Are memories of me not strong enough?! Think of how much I'm working out for Quidditch."

"How is that supposed to make me happy?" you asked.

"Well, you'll get to see the fruits of my labour in the summer, when we go swimming," He wiggled his eyebrows," Lucky you."

"You mean I'll get to see your manboobs?" you teased, tapping on the barrels to enter the Common Room," Lucky me, indeed."

"Don't shame my boobs. How dare you?" he pouted, hands coming up to his chest defensively.

"I'm not shaming them!" you raised your hands in the air," They're perfectly respectful mommy milkers."