In the name of being honest pt.2 ➵Cedric Diggory

I'm back??? Finally???? Posting something???

So, my exams are over and I am freeish until my results come out so I'm tryna get back to writing now<3

miss me? (Annabelle style)

Ok, anyway, this one is the second part of Casually Cruel which received quite the response. I am so glad you enjoyed it and I am here with a fix to hopefully put your hearts back together.

I had this planned like 4 months ago and I have forgotten how to write soo go easy on me, please and ty.

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

It had been almost six months since that day at the train station and you hadn't exchanged a single word with him again. Your parents had obviously figured something happened, but, thankfully, didn't ask about it 

Every moment your mind was not occupied, you thought about him. You hated that you did but every time you closed your eyes, you saw that last day you had with him. How you had ruined everything because of stupid feelings. Stupid, stupid feelings. How his pretty eyes were glossy with tears that refused to fall down when he realised that might be it for the two of you. The end of an era.

The two of you had always joked that you'd be friends till the end of times. And somehow it came sooner than either of you expected.

You knew that the more you saw him, the lesser chances there'd be to get over him. So, you stayed away and the letters stopped coming after summer ended, the stack of letters creased from the number of times you'd read each one, tracing the Dear Sunshine a million times over, letting out quiet sobs in the middle of the night under the lit end of your wand.

As fate would have it, the two of you ended up going to the same university for studying further. You heard about him every once in a while but made every effort you could to not run into him ever.

You saw him here and there across the campus but never stayed long enough to see how he reacted or what he wanted to say.

✃ - - - - - - - - - - -

A few weeks ago:

You were running late for class and picked up your pace, your books held close to your chest as you half-brisk walked and half-ran across the building to get to class on time.

When you were a corridor away from the lecture hall, you paused in your step, catching your breath to walk into the room in a dignified manner. 

"Ridiculous- it was just a, what? two flights of stairs of running? ri-dih-culous," your voice broke into pants and small breaths as you chastised yourself for not exercising regularly.