Fake a smile ➵Fred Weasley

Requested by FredTheGryffindork

Requested by FredTheGryffindork. I loved this idea! Thanks for the request! Also, that wink- *chef's kiss*

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

"And Y/n L/n passes the quaffle to her fellow chaser Roger Davies aand he scores another goal," announced Lee Jordan," An excellent duo but excellent enough to beat the Gryffindors? I don't think so." 

Professor McGonagall glared at him, saying," Mister Jordan! No prejudiced commentating!"

"It's just facts, Professor." He caught sight of McGonagall's glare and mumbled," Sorry, Professor."

It was a Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw qualifier match. I was nervous, to say the least. Playing against my famous prankster boyfriend, Fred, I really wanted a win. Well, turns out luck wasn't on my side. We lost. And it was a thousand times worse for me because of all the jeering I was forced to endure.

I walked towards the Ravenclaw tower, pushing past the group of Slytherins smirking at me. 

"Hey, L/n, maybe you should get lessons from your boyfriend. Not that those would help anyways."

"Hey, L/n. Are you going to cry and run to your boyfriend? Wittle L/n."

"L/n, how many times did you sleep with your captain to get him to put you on the team?"

Dating Fred was a dream. A dream that I was afraid to wake up from. Fred was just too good for me, kind, funny, caring, attractive. He was the whole deal. Me, on the other hand, not so much. Everyone knew that I wasn't good enough for Fred and they all made sure that I wouldn't forget that detail. Making condescending remarks everywhere I went, reminding me that maybe one day, Fred would finally understand that he was too good for me and leave me for once and all.

I blinked back tears and walked fast, my broom clutched in my hand tightly and my head down. Just a few more steps and I'd be in my room, where I could let my tears fall freely. Just a few more steps-

"Love?" said a voice that I knew all too well. I quickly wiped the tears off my eyes and put on a fake smile. (A/n: I'm obsessed with fake a smile!!)

He saw right through my smile. Pulling me towards him by my waist, he asked, gently," Love, what's wrong? Don't cry." Furrowing his brows, he wiped a few fallen tears. "What's wrong?"

"I- erm- Nothing. Everything's just fine, Fred." I smiled another smile that didn't belong to me.

"Don't you 'nothing' me. Did someone do something? I'll give them a piece of my min-"

"Really- It's nothing, Fred. Just allergies." 

Just then, Pansy Parkinson passed by, sneering. "Crying to your boyfriend, L/n. Pity he doesn't actually like you."

I looked down, avoiding Fred's furious eyes. "Is this why?"

"Why what?"

"Y/n..." He traced his hand on my jaw. "Those arseholes have no idea what they're saying!"

I jumped at the sudden loudness of his voice. "I LOVE YOU, Y/N! ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL. NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT AND THOSE ARSEHOLES ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HOW INCREDIBLY PERFECT YOU ARE!" He turned to the students around," IF YOU BLOODY GITS SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TO MY GIRLFRIEND EVER AGAIN, YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO! GEORGIE AND I HAVE MANY TRICKS IN-STORE, YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY OF THEM, I PROMISE YOU!"

He said he loved me. He'd never said that to me. It was probably just to retaliate at the students. I knew for a fact that I was in love with him. Trying to keep my hope at bay, I turned to him.

He took my hand, walking to the Astronomy tower. We sat down, silently, dangling our feet at the edge. "Are you mad at me, Freddie?" I asked when he'd remained silent for ten minutes straight.

"Mad? Yes. At you? No. I just wanted to know, why didn't you say anything? I could have helped you. Or don't you trust me? I'm going to get back at those bastards either way."

"No-no- Of course, I trust you. I just- didn't want to seem weak- you know. In front of you. I guess I failed at that one." I let out a humorless chuckle before adding insecurely," Did you mean it? When you said you love me?"

"'Course I did. I love you, N/n." He placed a feather-light kiss on my forehead before standing up. He offered me his hand, "Will you dance with me, Y/n L/n?"

I smiled, taking his hand standing up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck, and we danced all night to the sound of our heartbeats, muttering faint 'I love yous' to each other every few minutes later.

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

Hey loves,

Hope you liked it, Moony. This one was shorter than the rest because I'm writing this at three in the morning. I better get to sleep now.

-Jenny