Behind bookshelves ➵Hermione Granger

"Hey, Y/n!" greeted Hermione, sliding onto the chair next to mine

"Hey, 'mione," I greeted back, trying to not look at her because once I looked at her, Merlin knows, I could never stop. 

After the war, we'd all returned for one final year and things had never been better in Hogwarts. It was fixed and shining, the students were all happy and the house prejudices had been broken down. Though I was always open-minded about other houses, other people from my house, Slytherin, didn't share my views and I'd been forced to avoid every member of another house.

The best part of my days would always be meeting Hermione for little study sessions. We met in the library every day and worked on homework together. Somedays we didn't speak much except the routine greetings and on others, talking was all we did. Either way, I enjoyed every moment I spent with her.

We'd first run into each other in the library. She'd asked me if I was a new student because she'd never seen me. I told her that I spent most of my time on the down-low so that would be why not many people knew me. 

Of course, I'd known her. Or at least of her. Everyone did. She was the golden girl of Hogwarts. A beauty with brains. Saved the whole wizarding world. Most of all, I'd known her from my frequent trips to the library ever since my fourth year, just to observe her. Oh who am I kidding, I spied on her but that was only because of the huge crush I'd developed on her.

We then bonded immediately and I found myself liking her more and more with each study session, to the point that I'd explode. I often wondered if I should confess or not. Probably not because I ended up stuttering quite a lot when she was around me. 

And then there was the hurdle of me coming out that I was bisexual. I knew that my friends would be supportive but there was that little doubt that they wouldn't. Would they change in the way they behaved towards me? Would Hermione not want to spend time with me anymore?

The sound of a throat clearing brought me back to the present. "You look a little distracted," she pointed out," Are you alright?"

"Yeah- I'm completely fine. Just lost in my thoughts."

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to Hogsmeade with me next week."

If I didn't know that Hermione was still hung up over her ex, Ron Weasley, my heart would have stopped at the thought of Hermione asking me to Hogsmeade. Of course, she was just asking this as a platonic(ugg) girls' trip.

"What? Oh- Yeah sure." My stomach did a backflip at the thought of spending a whole day with Hermione at Hogsmeade.

The next trip arrived soon and I was completely freaking out about everything; what to wear, what to say, what to do, all of it. The only person who knew of my feelings towards Hermione was my best friend, Blaise Zabini. He was a complete charmer so obviously, he had no problem when it came to the people he had a crush on. He kept telling me to calm down and act sane. Both he and I knew that I was the sane one between us both.