All of you ➵James Potter

Walking from the empty quidditch pitch with James, I shivered slightly when his hand brushed mine slightly

Walking from the empty quidditch pitch with James, I shivered slightly when his hand brushed mine slightly. Noticing that, he grinned at me expectantly. "Join me in my dorm now?" he asked.

"Not today, I'm sorry. I have an essay to do. But tomorrow, for sure," I answered with a slight smile.

"Fine," he murmured, leaning down to press an innocent kiss to my cheek.

I swerved so he missed and I turned to leave, walking quickly, not noticing the disappointed look on his face. He caught up with me, falling in step again," What's wrong? Did I do something?"

I shook my head," No- I'm just tired so I need to get a move on with my essay."

"Oh- right," he leaned down, this time successfully placing a soft kiss on my cheek and I waved at him, walking away quickly. Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I wondered if it was all worth it.

When James had suggested for us to be friends with benefits after a drunken kiss at a Quidditch match after-party, I had jumped at the chance. I had fancied him for ages and if this was the only way I could have him close to me, I would take it. Even if it ended up breaking my heart into a  million pieces which it probably would.

It had been a few months since we'd started meeting up in dorms in secret and all was fine until he started a habit of pressing innocent kisses on my cheek or holding hands even outside the dorm but when no one was around. His little gestures made it a hundred times harder to get over the crush I had on him.

We had both mutually agreed that a no-strings relationship would be for the best and it broke me every time I remembered that he was not mine. This was just a mutually beneficial agreement we had. 

Shaking my head at my thoughts, I walked on to my common room.

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

Buttoning up my shirt, I got off the bed. "Bye, James," I called, walking out of his Head boy room. 

"Where's my good night kiss?" he asked, his lips tugging up in a smirk.

"I gave it to Remus," I said, grinning cheekily. 

His brows furrowed, as he leapt out of bed, only in his sweatpants. His arms caged around me as he leaned forward for a kiss. I let him kiss him, the feeling overpowering my sane mind. Coming to my senses, I pulled back. "How have things been going with Lily?" I asked, knowing that the mention of my redhead best friend would make him stop kissing me and put a stupid lovesick grin on his face.

To my surprise, he didn't break out into that smile. "What's wrong? I saw you both talking and she wasn't screaming at you today so I assumed she didn't reject you this time."

He shrugged," Nothing like that. We were just talking."

"Okay, then," I said in a tone that clearly said that I didn't believe him.