Chapter 4 p1 (Eiyah)

**Mild trigger warning for the following chapter. Negative speech and threats of violence throughout**

It had been a few days since I found Roman gawking at me from the street. We'd been texting back and forth like teenagers instead of the 26 year olds we actually are but I liked it. I like the attention he gives me and I love giving it back to him.

Yesterday he sent me soup via grub hub. It was his favorite and he wanted to share it with me so we FaceTimed while we each ate our soup respectively. It was delicious but I had something to knock his socks off. I sent him oxtail pho for lunch today which was my favorite soup hoping he'd like it. As expected he loved it and FaceTimed me afterwards so we could gab about it.

A downside to all of this is that we can't tell people about one another. We are both invited to the ball so what we're doing right now is frowned upon, but how could something that feels so right be so wrong?

"Eiyah-Bear? Where are you princess? I have someone here I'd like you to meet"

I disconnected from my call promising to check in later before I did so. I padded down the steps happily thinking about what silly picture Roman would send to me tonight. I was stopped in my tracks when I noticed the man in front of me. He stood there in his body hugging v neck shirt and blue jeans glowering at me. I turned away from him resisting the small pull looking for my father.

"You called me, Daddy?"

He smiled at me and pointed to the dangerous looking man leaning against our island.

"I did. I want you to meet Noah. He's new here and I thought you could be a good friend to start him off with. His father works with me so maybe you guys can keep each other company until the ball"

The ball? He was invited to the ball? How?

"You got an invitation to the ball?"

He nodded and I was confused.

"Isn't this kind of thing a no no Dad?"

He looked between us and shook his head.

"This is a special circumstance Princess. Just keep it between us and no one will be the wiser"

He winked at me and my stomach dropped. This is wrong, it felt icky. I mean, I sneak around chatting with Roman but this is different. I looked back at the man sitting at my kitchen island and cursed myself. He was pretty but Roman had him beat for sure. I found myself mentally comparing every bit of him to Roman and concluded that Roman was better than whoever this Noah guy is. He cleared his throat and my eyes locked onto his.

"Maybe not stare?"

I blushed. I must've been staring while I was comparing him to Roman and now he probably thinks I'm some creepy chick that wants to have his babies.

"Oh ummm sorry about that. I tend to space out when I'm stressed"

He nods curtly then turns his attention back to the device in front of him. After sitting next to him for what seems like forever I pulled my own phone out and shot a text to Roman.

Me: Did you finish your work?

A few minutes pass before he responds back.

Roman: I did. Wanna pick back up where we left off?

I glanced over at Noah seeing him knee deep in some models Instagram page. Pretty and shallow nice mixture.

Me: I can't. I have company to entertain but seeing as he's next to me scrolling some models Instagram I don't know why I'm even bothering.