Chapter 14 (Theesian)

I knew hiding from Noah wasn't the best thing to do but seeing that picture and hearing him call that chocolate morsel his mate seemed wrong. So freaking wrong to me. Wrong because I heard my beast call her our mate. How could this be possible? Surely he knew and took her before I could meet her. I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of my best and oldest friend doing something like that to me. I couldn't be around him right now. My beast was already on edge when I approached him at the gates and now knowing why I didn't want to risk a forced shift and an all out challenge.

I'm being irrational. Maybe he's just mistaken? Maybe if I just go and tell him about it we could be men and figure out the next steps? Knowing Noah I doubt he'd actually listen to me though. To him she was already his and I was too late."Theesian, what's wrong? Why weren't you at dinner?"

My mother called out to me. I was hungry but my mind was rushing in 60 different directions at the same time. I was so deep in my internal dialogue I missed my mother approaching me and that in itself is bad news. My senses needed to be sharp no matter what.

"I- ummm I think I might have found my mate.

She grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. I could see her beast shining through as she no doubt wanted to hear the news as well. My mothers beast was just as motherly as she was.

"Where is she? Bring her to me at once. She should be celebrated."

Her excitement was clear as day but I shook my head at her earning a questioning brow.

"I don't quite know her and I don't know where to find her."

My shoulders fell. Her brows dipped deeper showing her level of confusion.

"Noah showed me this picture of who he said was his mate but my beast called her ours. How is this even possible?"

She gasped and covered her mouth. If she'd never heard anything like this I don't know who to ask about it.

"I heard that that goddess bestowed blessings of multiple mates on chosen people. What if she is one of them? What if you're mated to a blessed being?"

I'd never heard of this and I was thinking she was pulling my leg but she continued. She sounded all too excited about this prospect.

"Surely you'll have the leg up when she finds out what kind of monsters the Mythlans are and to find out Noah's father is the Tyranical King of legend that struck down so many people. Noah will be cast aside and you can be there to pick up the pieces."

It just sounded so dirty but it was a plan. I thought of Noah as family but would he take this same consideration if the shoe was on the other foot.

"You love Noah. Why would we do this to him when he's like family? You were best friends with his Mother."

She stood up and started to walk away. I walked alongside her making sure she was steady on her feet. Her belly was huge and she had a hard time with balance at times.

"I don't think of this as doing anything to Noah I think of it as helping my son find his happiness. Get ready Theesian, you're going to Valhalla soon."

Valhalla? Why in the world would I go to Valhalla? It's the dregs of the rest of the kingdoms. Only misfits lived there.

"In the last bulletin Noah moved there. There would be no other reason for him to be there outside of that Match Makers Ball. You will make yourself known. Be a contender my son. If you want her take her for yourself. If you lose a friend or an ally in the process so be it. Having your queen will make it more than worth it."

I forgot all about that ball. I would never have put that together. My mother is a smart woman. Taking her advice would be the best thing for me at the moment. I'm going to Valhalla and I'm going to be a contender. I can't and won't take this laying down.

It didn't take long to get my travel lined up with my mother as fired up as she was. My bags were packed soon after and my lodging was secured. In two days time I will be making my way towards Valhalla to make myself known.

"You're gonna need to be prepared for anything Theesian. Make sure you arm yourself son"

My mother handed me a dagger wrapped in dark cloth. I hoped it wouldn't come to me having to use it but like she said I need to be prepared for anything. I took my leave from my mother's chambers and went about getting my own affairs in order. When I finished getting everything wrapped up I went to speak to my father but it seemed as though my mother had already done that for me.

"You're doing the right thing Theesian. All of Canite stands behind you, my son. Your lessons and your training will be on hold until you return with this mysterious mate of yours."

I didn't miss that brow waggle of his. I couldn't help but smile at his words. It meant a lot to have all this support in this situation.

"I will try to wrap this up quickly father. Barring any unforeseen tragedies I'm hoping to be back home in one months time."

Everything was set. I was as prepared as I could be to meet this Eiyah. Family or not the gauntlet has been thrown Noah.

A/N: Reading this chapter has your mind changed about Theesian at all? What about Queen Myrna? That woman loves her children ferociously. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.