10. Trusting him

I'm pretty sure my hand was sweating in Rafael's. Nerves combined with walking all the way to my apartment. Which is where he took me, was I about to see him kill someone in my apartment again?

I'm suppose to go to a therapist after seeing something like that, aren't I?

I stopped walking once we were outside my door, I took my hand out of Rafael's, making him look down at me with a questioning look.

"Can I ask you something?" I needed to ask, I wasn't going to be that stupid girl that assumed everyone had a good heart.

He nodded. His lips in a thin line.

"If I didn't try to stop you yesterday, would you have killed Leo?" I gulped, watching his eyes soften but then become hard.

"Yes. I would have." He didn't hesitate to reply. He would have killed Leo, killed! Take a life? I felt sick.

Rafael watched me intently, "You can think whatever of me, our worlds are different. You will never understand mine." He muttered, he gestured to my doors lock, for me to open it. I cautiously unlocked my door, letting Rafael walk in, I stayed outside my door.

He turned around to look at me, "No ones here."

I walked in slowly, shutting my door and looking around. "So do you have anger issues?"

What a way to make small talk.

Rafael scowled at me, "No."

He's probably in denial.

"Do you kill anyone that angers you?" My tone was flat, I walked over to my couch, sitting down.

"I would never hurt you if that's what you're thinking. I'm not some sick bàstard that tortures women." He shut his eyes for a brief moment as if he remembered something but shook away the thought.

"That's good to hear." I laughed bitterly, "Who was that guy you were talking to before?"

Rafael's eyes hardened, "Someone you need to stay clear of."

I wanted to roll my eyes.

"I need more details than that." I scowled at him, he scowled back at me, sitting on the coffee table across from me.

He gazed at me before dragging his hands down his face with a sigh, "He owns the cafe that you just went to, his names Angelo, loves to kidnap women and sell them."

Sell them.

Oh God! Fuçking sell them?! Sell them like a Michael Kors bag?

But then it hit me, the way Rafael was waiting for my response. That night we met, that creepy manager called out Angelo's name. He was basically telling him to grab me and then sell me.

He was going to sell you like a Michael Kors bag.

"You saved me," I whispered, shocked that if Rafael hadn't of been there, I would be sold to some creep.

Rafael shook his head. "I shouldn't of, now there are just more complications to your life, and I have to protect you." He looked away from me quickly. "I mean, I have to protect you and make sure you don't go running to someone with the information you know."

I tried not to be offended, he wasn't just hanging around to make sure I didn't squeal.

"How does Leo know about you and your occupation?" I muttered, crossing my legs on the couch.

"You should ask him, not me," Rafael mumbled, staring at my bare legs.

'Fabio will love her.'