11. Foolish

Warning: Graphic content at the end of this story! Don't read if you'll be offended!

The song attached is one of my favorites and it suits Christina and Rafael.

Enjoy xx

**************************************************************

I uttered the words as if I was shocked, it wasn't because I was shocked that Rafael would do such a thing. No, I was disappointed in myself for being so stupid, that out of all things he's done, he would actually kill an innocent family.

I finally said the words aloud, something I shouldn't have been so naive to know.

You should have known better.

But I was just beyond blind to see that there was anything good to see about him, I tried to see past the criminal and to see the guy that helped me, the guy that saved me. But I couldn't be safe with a guy that threatened me, someone that would kill me and my family and let alone kill an innocent family for real.

"What did you tell her?" Rafael ignored me, going straight to asking Leo.

Leo laughed, "I told her the truth."

"This, you did this." I grabbed the photo of the two girls, shoving it in Rafael's face to show him the artful way he killed the two.

Rafael clenched his jaw, his eyes clouding over, making him look detached, I took a step back. "I can't believe you wanted me to trust you, you wanted to earn my trust, but clearly reality has slapped me back."

Rafael didn't say a word, he didn't look at me, he only stared at Leo with unspoken words. "I'm glad reality hit you. I'll leave now." Rafael nodded, not looking at me, walking out of the office without a word.

That's it?

My mind was whirling with so many thoughts, I was confused as hell. Something wasn't right.

"I'm sorry I had to show you, who he truly is." Leo cleared his throat, making me realize I was still staring at the opened door.

"I knew who he was, I jus- it doesn't matter anymore," I mumbled, walking out towards my parents, my sister and her husband.

"Thank you for lunch, dad, mom." I gave them both a small smile, my mother gave me a sympathetic smile in return. I wanted to roll my eyes. I'm fine.

I wasn't bothered to kiss them on the cheeks.

"I'll come past tomorrow." My sister walked towards me, engulfing me into a hug.

"Yes, I want to hear all about the honeymoon." I winked at her. No, I really didn't.

"If you ever need anything, let me know, Christina." Evan nodded at me. An ensuring nod that told me he would give me any information if I needed it. I might since something was wrong.

Of course, I trust Leo, if I didn't know him more than I knew myself, I would have told him to F off. But Leo has never lied to me, I could always tell when he was lying. But I still didn't like the fact that he was still walking around my life like he deserved to be in it.

"I'll walk you out." Leo's voice came from behind me. I turned around, nodding.

I walked out of my parents' house, my old family home, walking down the driveway with Leo behind me.

I stopped walking. "Don't you think all of that was a bit odd?" I raised an eyebrow at him, once I turned around.

Bit odd? A lot odd.