Chapter 28

Happy valentine day ♥ [I'm single so let me celebrate this with you guys]

"Do I look overdressed?"

Looking at my reflection through the body-length mirror leaned against the wall in front of me, I slightly twirled my body from left to right. The white 1-shoulder dress accentuated my chest and shoulder area. I'm not a fan of this kind of dress but I got to admit that this one really looks amazing on me. The cutting of the dress hugs me perfectly on my curves. The light color also looks good on the slightly tan of my skin and a smile was threatening to climb up my lips but I pressed my lips together upon seeing the infamous quarterback from the reflection of the mirror. I didn't know if it is really necessary for me to feel nervous because of him but, I did. You could say that it wasn't a daily routine for me to wear a fancy dress like this and usually, it always depends on my mother's opinion but this time, I have to ask opinion from my acquaintance and before he could even give me his thought, I have already turned scarlet.

My heart dropped when he scrunched his nose after giving me a once over.

"I know it." I said the smile faded from my face. "I don't think it looks good on me either. I'll go change."

Quickly turning on my heels towards the dressing room and was ready to hide myself in there, a strong hand then was quick to stop me and pulled me back as he cackled behind me. "Hey, I still haven't said anything."

"Nah its okay," I told. "I'm good at reading people." I emphasized and once again to escape to the dressing room but his holds on my hand held me chained.

"Yes, you're good but I'm also good at pretending." He added, his eyes blazed with amusement and that confused the heck out of me. What even is this guy talking about? I knitted my eyebrow up in confusion and that made a lopsided grin made itself known on his lips as he added, "I was just pretending. You look good, okay? I was just pretending to scrunch my nose to piss you off. You look good, I'm serious."

My lips drew back in a snarl upon hearing this as I gritted my teeth at him and it irked me to see the humor in his eyes. He surely enjoys whatever it is that embarrass me. Facing away from his ugly face – I obviously lied – I gave myself one last look before nodding to no one in particular and turned facing the staff to ask her about the payment.

"Can I wear this straightaway? I need to hurry to an event." A relief smile escaped my mouth when she responded with "Yes you can." But unfortunately, the smile dropped from my face when she added, "How about your boyfriend? He's going to leave wearing that too?"

I was so ready to fight with this girl that the man she saw me with wasn't my boyfriend but I was distracted and curious when she completely had all her attention on something behind me that no doubt whatever about to leave my mouth will not reach her ears. She seemed so engross with whatever behind me and I had to puff air out of my nose. If I was a heartless someone I would have report her to her manager about her lack of attention to their customer and easily gotten distracted by the surrounding.

I rolled my eyes at her even though I was so aware that the possibility of she noticing it was so small. My forehead puckered as I turned over my heels to find out what is the thing that caught this lady's attention and suddenly, my breath hitched when I finally found out the reason.

In this case, she isn't at fault.

There. There, a certain someone in a white tuxedo was standing in front of the mirror. His veiny hands were busy fixing the tie around his neck. I was honestly at awe. After months of seeing him in his loose shirt, a jersey and hoodie, to finally seeing him, The Jeon Jungkook himself in a tuxedo like this, with his hair parted slightly and his strong physique which beautifully emphasized the fitness of the suits, it really enlightened me as to why the lady seemed so distracted earlier.