Chapter 43

"Aaaghh"

I tossed around on the bed, pulling the cover over my eyes to dim out the blinding sunlight coming straight to my face. My head was throbbing. I was in desperate need of Aspirin to soothe my hangover but the comfort of my bed felt strangely so sleep-able that I was contemplating of ignoring my throbbing head.

But it was cut short when I sniffed in an unfamiliar pleasant scent coming from the comforter.

'Hmm, this doesn't smell like my bed.'

I shot my eyes opened and sat up straight. As I took in the view around me with eyes opened wide and body alerted, long gone the hangover from all-night drinking with Taehyung yesterday. At the moment, I was drowning in a sense of deja vu.

Throwing the comforter aside, I ran to the balcony and my eyes bulged as I took in the sight of the small busy street under me and the many high buildings stood proudly opposite the building I was in.

"Ain't no way," I muttered under my breath as the familiar sight slowly settled in. I travelled my gazes away from the view and dropped them on the night stand by the bed. Just as I predicted, I spotted a piece of paper weighted with a bottle of hangover drink.

I took the paper and my heart skipped a beat as the first letter escaped my mouth.

_____________________________

Wendy,

I know this might be too shocking for you. I believe I have delayed so much in introducing myself. You may already have me figured out after all this time but I still wish to meet you and properly right the wrongs. Please allow me to invite you to a breakfast with me. You may refuse. I won't stop you if you wish for me to be a part of your past but I wish you would give me a chance to personally seek your forgiveness. My assistant will assist you in getting ready if you do agree to join me. Just press the red button and she shall help you with everything. I really wish to see you there.

Peter Pan
_____________________________

I already know. And I already forgot all about it. Peter Pan has long vanished from my mind but seeing this paper with Peter Pan penned in it once again brought back the humiliating memories we had back in high school. It took me awhile to figure out who Peter Pan was but after he flew to New Zealand, Noej Smeraldo Hotel consistently spreading its influences across the globe and their name isn't foreign among Korean anymore.

The hint was there, it was so obvious. When I was 19 and watching the televisions from my University's apartment, I chocked on my alcohol when the news headlining 'Noej Smeraldo being the Hotel frequents by royalties; Jeon family being the faces of Korea' with his family portrait was on full displayed.

It was a lie if I said I didn't feel betrayed, especially since I have been asking him about it repeatedly. But I remembered, at the time, my feeling of betrayal was easily engulfed with longing after seeing his picture after 2 years of missing contacts. He was my Peter Pan all along, it was so obvious. The hint was there all this time, it was so obvious that even I was surprised at myself for not able to figure it out at one glances. Noej read as Jeon reversed. What was so difficult about it???

but I guess I was intentionally being so ignorance and oblivious to really find out. I believe parts of me never want to uncover Peter Pan as I wished to bury deep the humiliation from my past.

I glanced at the button, contemplating on my next move.

Think Scarlet, what should I do???! What is it that you really want???!