Chapter 41

"I was waiting for your call." Taehyung leaned closer to me to whisper. I didn't know if it was really necessary for me to look at Jungkook, but I did anyway. He was sitting right opposite me and Taehyung. When his eyes landed on mine, I darted my gazes away instantly. The memories from last night flooded my mind and I was having a hard time refraining myself from getting all embarrassed and hence explained the 'can't look at him in the eye' syndrome.

Even from the corner of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of a little smirk on his face. It almost looked as if he already figured me out. He probably has had enough of dealing with my typical 'aftermath' reaction that it becomes so easy for him to read me.

"I'm sorry." I turned to Taehyung, whispering. "All that was happening is so dumb. She is so stupid that it makes me feel like it was a waste of time to even explain." I groaned under my breath.

"But you still owe me that, Cupcake. And this." Taehyung grabbed my chin to look at my graced cheeks and fading bruises. There was regret pooling in his eyes as he studies my face. "Does it hurt?"

"No. It doesn't. Are you here to take me home?" I asked Taehyung, my eyes eyeing the food served in front of me.

"Of course. I can't just leave my girlfriend stays in some other man's house now, can I?" Taehyung bluntly stated and I flinched in my seat. Involuntarily, my eyes traveled to the man sitting right across me and I gulped the spit in my throat seeing the big arse smirk crossed his pinkish lips.

"W-Would you help take the soup for me?" I asked Taehyung, my pathetic attempt to change the subject. However, little did I know I unintentionally worsen the situation when both guys grabbed the soup at the same time.

They exchanged glares for a straight 5 seconds before Jungkook let go of the bowl and let Taehyung scoop it for me.

Awkward.

"Stay at my house tonight," Taehyung said suddenly, making me chocked on the drink.

"What?"

"What?" he asked back. "It's not like your parents will be against it and it's not like it's your first time staying with me. It will be for the best anyway because, if Blake finds out about you staying in some other man's house, he will surely lose it." Taehyung stated nothing but a matter of facts and just from that, I got chills running down my spine.

I stay silent for a moment before I nodded in agreement. "I'll text my mom about staying over-"

"What makes staying with him different from me?" Jungkook cut me off sternly, his hardened eyes darted to Taehyung opposite him. Their silence exchanged making me freeze in my seat.

Taehyung puffed air out of his mouth, his mouth lifted into a disbelief smirk as if having Jungkook indirectly implied that they were on the same level disgusted him. "Did you really just ask that?"

Jungkook tilted his head. His eyebrow crooked up.

"I'm her boyfriend-"

"I'll go with you," I answered in his stead, not meeting Jungkook's eyes. "I'll stay with Taehyung."

I have a lot to talk about with Taehyung and I don't even know where to start.

Jungkook glanced over me for a second then he simply shrugged, taking a big bite of his sandwich. "Okay then if you say so."

And the rest of the breakfast just went by quietly.

*
*
*

"This is the first time I see you out of the hospital." I told Jimin, my eyes scrutinizing his attire. He was in a hazel turtle neck knit-wear along with a pair of denim jeans. I noticed he has applied a pink lip tint on his lips and my heart swelled looking at the Jimin in front of me. Nobody will ever know that the guy in front of me is a leukemia fighter. I would be one of those people if I never learn about Jimin before. "So, where are we going?"