Twenty-six

Thunk! Fffp!

"I'm fucking losing my mind, Dele!"

Thunk! Fffp!

"That hit was 155 kph..." he says breathlessly.

Thunk! Fffp!

"Only 155?" I hit the last ball out of the auto-dispenser.

I'm on my apartment complex's tennis court, trying to keep my head together.

I turn to look at Dele, a little too much adrenaline flowing through my veins at the moment.

"You're actually a maniac," he jokes, but I can tell he's studying my face, trying to read me.

"I am losing my mind at the moment, so you may be on to something," I sigh, plopping down on the bench and reaching for my towel.

"It is fucked at the moment, but you seem...stable," he says, almost like a question.

"Yeah, I've decided to just firm it this time," I huff.

More like the indica has decided, but same thing.

"If you say so," he sits next to me, "just make sure you come to me before you start spiraling again, I might want to go with you," he gives a small smile and puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close.

I put one arm around his torso and get comfy, "Bamidele, spiraling is my specialty, I'm built different," I wink.

"So what is this I hear about a PSG move? Do I need to have a talk with the gaffer?" I raise a brow at him.

Dele rolls his eyes, "He's just being his usual self, empty threats and dat."

"Well, if I have to teach you some French, ce n'est pas un problème," I give him a little squeeze and stand up before it gets mushy. (it's not a problem)

"So I can hear you talk even more than you already do? I'll pass," he stands up and follows me off the court.

"One, you're an ass, and two, you're not leaving me anyway so I'll just tag along as your personal translator, problem solve," I smile and walk back to my flat with my friend in tow.

Might end up losing my boyfriend, I really cannot lose my best friend.

________________________________

sydsterling

📍On Your Mind

sydsterling On God imma ride

stream West Ten by my brudda @AJTracey and my sister @Mabel

Comments Disabled

________________________________

Post-shower, I'm FaceTiming Trent.

He finally picks up, looking tense, which has been a common theme over the last few days.

"Hey love, how are you?" I ask.

He's face relaxes a bit, "Better now, what's up?"

"I just want to check in, see how you're doing, if you want me to come over..."

"You don't have to do that, I know the leeches are camped out of your place too," he sighs.

The snot rags have had their cameramen outside of Trent's house, as well as my complex since the news dropped, probably awaiting another freak out from me.

"Trent," I look at him seriously, " you and I both know I don't do anything I don't want to. I want to see you. Plus, this isn't about me, it's about you."

Trent let's put a little chuckle and tells me what I want to hear, "okay then, you can come."

"I think we both will, a couple times," I say under my breath.

"Wha—" Trent begins to ask before I cut him off.

"Bye babylove, see you soon!" I hang up the call and hurriedly pack an overnight bag.

__________

I drive past the gates that close off Trent's house to the world while security keeps the paps from overstepping their bounds.

Trent opens the door for me and grabs my bag. The number of flashes multiplies.

"Looks like they liked that one," Trent jokes.

I smile, greeting my man as usually, with a hundred kisses.

"I missed youuuu," I sing after I finish.

"It's been like 72 hours," he laughs.

"About 70 too many after the last few months we had," I sigh.

"Where's your family?" I ask when I see the house sounding eerily quiet.

Trent puts my bag down and walks toward his room with me behind him, "They're at a hotel, got tired of the mob in front," he says, sounding exhausted.

"Oh."

We climb into bed together for a cuddle. I zone out while playing in his grown-out curls.

Being apart for so long has made me insufferably clingy.

"Syd..." Trent sighs, bringing me back from daydreaming.

"Yeah?" I ask, a little bit more hesitant than usual.

"How do you feel about taking a break?"

What happened to him being able to read my mind? I said I'm clingy bitch, not considering a break up.

"Um..."

A/N hey y'all, sorry I just dipped, I've been going through a lot of stuff rn and this was just another thing on the long list of responsibilities I have been avoiding lmaooo

but I thought about coming back every day so im glad I published something even though its really short.

im hoping to underpromise and over deliver at the moment but I definitely plan on updating more regularly.

thank you so so much for those who would check in on me during my hiatus, even if it was just asking for an update, I appreciated it!! you're never bothering me when it comes to posting on my wall lol.

see y'all in a few days with another update x