Twenty-five

"Bamidele!" I shout out of my car window as he leaves his front porch.

"Pipe down Boogie Man, it.s ten in the morning," he mutters before getting in the passenger seat of my SUV.

"Where to, Mr. Alli?" I ask, taking the car out of park and driving back onto the main road.

"What are you on about? If you're high on coke or something, let me out of the car. You called me asking to hang out," he furrows his brows, looking directly at me.

"Delboy, I am high off life," I smile broadly at my concerned friend.

"My God, are you going to speak in riddles all day? Just turn back around and drop me off at home it's too early."

I brake at the red light and turn to face Dele, "Dele, baby," I stroke his cheek with my hand with a serious look on my face as I stare into his eyes, "I brought you here today because, I think it's time we go our separate ways."

Dele smacks my hand away and rolls his eyes, "You're actually an idiot."

I start to break character but I collect myself and continue, "I knew you weren't going to make this easy, but there's someone else."

"Hopefully a psychiatrist," he mutters.

Bitch?

"Trent took me back!"

Dele turns to me in shock, "Are you being serious right now?'

I compose myself and step on the gas as the light turns green, "I'm definitely not lying after the pregnancy situation so you can trust me when I say I'm being dead serious."

"Fuck, what did you do to the boy?" he chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "It's called being in love Dele, you should try it."

"If that's love, I don't want anything to do with it."

And with that, I smack him in the chest and continue toward our favorite breakfast spot.

Touché.

Dele and I hang out for the remainder of the day, but of course he was being spotted left and right. After taking his last photo with a fan, Dele turns to me with a puzzled look on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"If you and Trent are back together, why the hell are you with me? You two were practically inseparable when you weren't working."

I release a small sigh before answering, "As much as I would like to act like nothing ever happened, we still have to recover from this together. I fucked up, so things won't get fixed overnight."

__________________________

Or at least, that's what I thought, but the way Trent is blowing my back out right now, it's like we never missed a beat.

"I'm glad you never returned that key," I say between breaths.

"Me too," he pants, his breath tickling my neck.

I see what Kehlani was talking about.

____________________________

The next morning, as I wake up to Trent placing the tiniest kisses on my forehead, I have a brilliant idea.

"Trent?"

"Hmm?"

"I think we should adopt."

He takes a slight pause and I immediately want to off myself.