Eleven.

Most girls would spend their first night with their boyfriend cuddled up and kissing after you both decide to make it official. But I, my friends, am a crackhead, so I'm annoying the shit out of Trent We're already on our fifth pointless conversation in the last hour.

"I just don't understand why you would want another dog when I have two already"

"Trent, it's not another dog because I don't have one, those are your dogs and I get lonely in this house" I whine.

"Woowww, those aren't your dogs? I see bringing them over for playdates meant nothing to you, the three of us are hurt deeply by your words. I don't know how I'm going to break it to them" he feigns disbelief.

I roll my eyes and get up from the couch, "I'm going to get some water, do you want anything before you win the Emmy for most dramatic footballer in a romance?"

"I don't want anything from a woman who denies her own children" he shakes his head, following me into the kitchen.

As I open the refrigerator to grab a water bottle when Trent asks from behind me, "Who bought you these flowers?" I turn back to see him picking up the card that came with the dozen red roses Alexandre gave me.

Fuck.

"'Love always, Laca' Laca as in Lacazette? From Arsenal?" He asks, confusion spreading across his face.

"Oh, yeah, he's an old friend of mine" I shrug, hoping he'll drop it.

"Your friends send you flowers often?", Trent asks, clearly desiring more information than I'm offering up, "and I know they don't say love always," he continues, growing slightly more agitated by the second.

"Well, do you want the full story?" I ask, sighing while sitting the water bottle down.

"Only if it's not going to upset me," he looks up at me for the first time since reading the message on the card. Trent looks like he's mentally preparing for what I'm about to say.

I explain to Trent how involved Laca and I were in the past and how we're attempting a friendship. Luckily Dre and I never went past the wholesome teenage couple phase, so we never slept together. "Do you have to entertain a friendship with this guy? He seems like he's not the type to take no for an answer" Trent rolls his eyes at the situation.

"I think that would matter if I cared to get back with him, but I don't," I state matter-of-factly, earning a slight laugh from Trent. Dre is the last thing on my mind, especially when I'm looking at or thinking about the man in front of me.

"You know, I think I dislike Arsenal a little bit more now" he jokes. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him in to place a light peck on his lips.

"To be fair, I've never been an Arsenal fan myself, but I'm starting to like the Liverpool squad a little bit. Don't know what that's about but..." I trail off acting confused.

"Oh really? Who's your favorite player then?" Trent eggs me on.

"I think he's a defender, has like twenty-something assists this season, but I can't put a finger on his name," I shrug. I tap my lips with my index finger acting like I'm in deep thought. "Ah! Andy Robertson," I burst into laughter at his face, and before I know it, I'm on his shoulder hanging upside down.

"You know, you're truly one of the most annoying people I know, right?" Trent carries me down the hall to my room, and tosses me on the bed.

"You're on timeout until you can recognize a talented Scouser when you see one," he scolds, taking off his shirt and heading to the shower.