Ten.

After return from the break, life went back to normal and work was happening at full speed. I finally had a little time to actually live in the home I bought in Leicester and I'm grateful to have my own space. I actually really like being alone and felt smothered since I got here. I've seen Trent a few times over the last two months and he's helped me decorate my place but during this season it really feels like we're on opposite sides of the globe, neither of us have time for a full on relationship right now. To make up for the two and a half hour divide between us, we're constantly on FaceTime and with the holidays approaching, he wants me to meet his parents.

"Fuck no Trent! Your parents? You're smoking dust!" I scream into the phone while folding my laundry on my bed.

"Oh my god Sydney, it's not that serious! It won't even actually be on Thanksgiving and the UK doesn't even celebrate that holiday so you're freaking out over nothing!" Trent says, growing annoyed at the fight I'm putting up. It's like the seventh time he's asked me to meet them so I'm not surprised.

"I'll just be so nervous Trent you don't understand" I whine, collapsing into the bed for dramatic effect.

"Okay the if you won't visit me at my own home because you're afraid of my parents, I won't be at your house tomorrow" he shrugs. Too bad I know it's an idle threat, he loves being around me too much.

"Trent, baby, don't be like that" I say lowly, putting on my puppy dog eyes and he moans in defeat.

"Whatever" and the call ends. I snicker, knowing I won the argument. Right then, my doorbell rings. I have no idea who it could be considering only three people have my address.

As I open the door, I'm shocked to see Laca on my doorstep with flowers and food. "Um...?" I start, and then just move out the way for him to come inside.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses both of my cheeks. "To say I'm sorry, mon petit oiseau (my little bird)" he says with an apologetic look in his eyes.

A smile spreads across my face and I take the flowers to put in water. Laca follows me into the kitchen and sits the food on the island.

"That better be Jamaican food, Dre."

"Of course, I know you too well" he laughs, revealing the curry goat and rice and peas. I squeal at the sight before me. As I begin stuffing my face with Laca just shaking his head at my fat ass, it dawns on me.

"Wait, did you drive two hours to get here? And how did you get my address?"

"Yes I did, I have to take advantage of you being on the same continent as me for once in the last five years and to answer your second question, you never stopped sharing your location with me since we were together so..." he trails off.

"Weirdo."

"You seem pretty happy to see me though, so what's the truth?" He retorts.

"It's definitely just the food" I roll my eyes.

While I finish eating, Laca and I catch up, reminiscing on old times as friends.

"Okay but Laca, I need your help" I say seriously, holding his face in between my palms and staring him in the eyes.

I should really be an actress.

"What, you ready to lose your virginity?" He smiles cheekily.

I fake a vomiting noise, "Ew no, not that, I need you to teach me how to play FIFA so I can whoop the lads in the England camp." He laughs at my request and agrees.