Three.

You know what, I'm going to just stop getting ahead of myself because it always comes back to bite. I'm packing up my dark olive Telfar bag with my wallet, phone, iPad, and laptop for my first meeting with the International Team, and my Apple Pencil is no where to be found. I decide to abandon it head down the stairs, no need making Raheem late as well. Things are moving so fast here in England now that I'm contracted to two teams, so fast that I haven't even gone home to my place in Leicester and unpacked properly, I'm still bunking at Raheem's. To be going back and forth between the training facilities and my home will be rough but Raz always promised me a room, so I'm basically set, a pro couch-floater. I jog down the steps with more energy than usual. Since I learned my lesson about taking the Benadryl earlier, I could have an early start the next day until I adjust to the time zones. I put on my clean Air Force 1's by the front door and flick Raz in the ear as he's dozed off on the couch. Amateur. "For WHAT though Sydney, for WHAT? It's literally 5 in the morning" He asks exasperated.

"Relax princess, at least I'm driving. And we're stopping on the way for Starbucks" I reply, trying to get him calm down, but I couldn't hide my cheeky smile. Raz rolled his eyes and stood up, grabbing our luggage from their positions by the front door.

"This is going to be a long week" Raheem mumbles while walking to the car. We hop in and I instantly turn on the heat and some chill afrobeats so he can actually rest. Even though it's only September, the cool weather here is definitely taking a toll on me, my Los Angeles wardrobe not shielding me from the elements like needed. Like currently, I'm doubting my choice of the blue Nike x OFF-WHITE set topped with a Fear of God puffer jacket. My legs are freezing. On top of that, my neck and ears are exposed due to my thick curly hair being tied up in a slick, high bun.

sydsterling

📍Siberia

sydsterling no face, no case, and no sleep either 🥱

Liked by kylewalker2, dele, and 17,593 others

View all 102 comments

sterling7 no face because you know yours is mash up

dele 🥵

kylewalker2 new favorite Sterling, @sterling7 take notes

↪️ sterling7 block me back

user385 she's going to freeze to death because she's too busy being a hoe

sanchooo10 yikes, cuffed already? didn't even give me a chance smh

tionwayne babes, when are you coming to my ends tho?

user982 I thought she was in Manchester??

As we enter the car park two and half hours later, I shake Raheem awake. He looks much better now with more sleep under his belt, and woke up to a tea and muffin from me. "Thanks ugly" he says, smirking at me.

"Whatever princess" I reply while parking in my assigned space and checking my phone. Ever since Raz posted me yesterday the follows have been pouring in, but I only really notice the verified ones.

dejesusoficial followed you

kylewalker2 followed you

sanchooo10 followed you

reissnelson followed you

k.mbappe followed you

chunks_en followed you

As we're getting out, the National Team has a camera posted at the entrance for player arrivals. I curse under my breath because the videographer waits intently on Raz and I really don't want to be in front of a camera right now, pink nose and all. Raheem grabs our bags while I grab my purse and he looks back at me saying just loud enough for me to hear, "don't be weird about the camera, if it's that deep, ask the staff to edit you out so you don't crack computer screens with that mug of yours" he snickers.

"Raz, shut up before I make sure ya get mash up in training" I state, my Jamaican accent peeking through in my patois. Raz zips his big mouth immediately because I'm half the reason he was tired this morning, my training sessions are working him to di bone. As we enter the building, we're greeted and asked to hand over our passports. I show my badge and they allow me up into the lift. I remind Raz what I said to him last night, "I hope these players know what they're getting into with me as their trainer. I can laugh and joke but when it's time to work, they need to be ready" I state, scrolling through my phone to find today's schedule. Looks like a meet up, brief intro of staff, then straight to the airport.

"To be honest I think they've all heard about you and are pretty scared about what's to come" Raheem replies, barely able to finish before laughing and I join.

"Good. "

Raheem daps a few guys up while walking into the meeting room where the players and staff are mingling and catching up. I take my jacket off and toss it in my new, empty office, and I'm about to close the door and be antisocial when I hear, "I don't think so baby Sterling, you're not getting off that easy." I turn to see Kyle Walker and surprisingly I'm relieved, I see a familiar face in yet another unfamiliar facility.   "Did Raheem abandon you already?" He asks. I nod my head yes and wipe away a few fake tears. Kyle throws his arms around my shoulders and gives me a little squeeze, "Don't worry then, hang with me until everything kicks off."

I walk into the room with all the players and one by one their eyes dance into my direction. Being a new face all the time is trash but at least their not staring. We walk over to the couch Raz is on with a few other players that I would be lying if I said I didn't know the names of. You know me and memorizing rosters! Raheem was sat around Kyle Walker-Peters, Dele Alli, Jesse Lingard, and Marcus Rashford.

Jesse is the first of this group to spot me, "Looks like Kyle finally upgraded" he says, not even bothering to whisper as his eyes trail me from head to toe. I walk up and smack Raz on the back of the head.

As he turns around with a confused look I quickly state, "That's for leaving me" tilting my head to the side in an annoyed fashion

"Yikes, love triangle?" Jesse asks while wincing at the thought. Dele can help but snort at yet another reckless comment and neither can I.

"She's the new trainer you donut" Dele responds. Dele already knows me because he followed me about a month ago before I even had the Man City deal. We go back and forth and each other's instagram comments but I don't think much of it.

"And my cousin, so you lot stay clear of her, she's here to work, not to entertain your shenanigans" Raheem announces to the group and I can't help but roll my eyes. He always thinks the world would eat me alive if it weren't for him.

"Anyways," I interrupt, "my name is Sydney and like Dele said I am the new head trainer, it's nice to meet all of Raz's little friends" I saw, rustling Raheem's hair to piss him off like usual. He ducks his head out of my reach and rolls his eyes as he fixes it while the group laughs at our interaction. I'm snapped out of socializing when my phone rings. I glance down at the name and immediately want to decline but I know the calls won't stop until I answer. I excuse myself and go back out into the hallway for some quiet. I wonder what he wants now.

A/N ooo girl! who do you think is on our girl's line? it'll probably be messy if I have anything to do with it hehehe