Twenty-eight

I get to Amber's building and park in a lot across the street before I FaceTime her.

"Babes, I'm walking in right now, do I just walk right in?"

"Yeah! No one should stop you, just come to the fifteenth floor!" She informs me and I run across the street and into the lobby, I can hear the music pulsing in the background.

"Alright, bet," I hang up the call and get in the lift. When I get to Amber's hallway, I can immediately tell which flat is her's from the music seeping into the empty corridor.

I give the door handle a twist and it's unlocked. I search the small crowd of people in Amber's living room and spot her in the kitchen making a drink.

"Amber!!" I scream, and she screams my name in return as we go to hug each other.

I met Amber during my breakup with Trent, and I haven't managed to spend much time in London to see her since lockdown was lifted.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you! Her northern accent peeks through.

"I could say the same, you look amazing by the way," I lift her hand up so she could give me a twirl. "Your so peng Amber I swear," I laugh.

"Says the most coveted girl in England! You've been all I've seen for months, I've even had someone here ask me if you were coming," she wiggles her eyebrows.

I twist my face up in confusion, "Well, who is it then?"

Amber gives me a devious look and pulls me in the direction of what looks like a bedroom. Before she opens the door, she turns to me and says, "You know how I put you on Central Cee a few weeks back?"

I nod my head yes, Amber showed me this new artist because she had befriended his manager at some brand event.

"Well, I figured you may be feeling him, since you used his lyrics in your caption, and he kind of let on that he's feeling you..." she opens the door to show what's probably a guest bedroom filled with a few people.

I spot Anna and her sister sat on the little couch, and I go over to say hello, while Amber begins to introduce me to the four men spread out over the room.

I can feel eyes on me in every direction.

I'm being watched.

"So this is Chris, my friend, and his two friends Chim and Clayton, and then his client, Central Cee," she smiles at me cheekily as she announces the final guest, who's eyes have been following me around the room since I walked in.

"Nice to meet you all," I smile, searching around the room for a place to sit, considering all the chairs are taken, all that remained was a spot on the bed.

I sit next to the rapper at the foot of the bed and Amber hands me the drink she was making when I arrived.

Since I despise these kinds of social situations where I feel like everyone is focused on me, I down about half the drink in one gulp.