Two.

You know how I said you can't hate me? I lied. The universe hates me right now and it's never been more evident. When I pulled up to Raheem's place yesterday, it was 5 pm in Manchester but it was only 9 am in LA so I was up ALL NIGHT until I caved and popped a Benadryl to make me drowsy at 3 am. Now it's 7:30 in the morning and I'm suffering, the effects of the allergy medication clearly not yet worn off. I decide to try hopping in the shower to wake me up a bit considering I should've been up half an hour ago. Now I have 30 minutes to get ready for my first day of work at Man City's Carrington practice facility. I leave the comfort of the bed in Raz's guest room and rush into the bathroom. After a quick shower I got dressed in my Man City puma leggings and a purple long-sleeved training top they sent in my "Welcome to Manchester!" package that was waiting for me when I arrived. I look to find some shoes and all I want to wear aren't a pair of Nike's. I'm really going to have to get used to this Puma shit. I begrudgingly throw on the pair of white puma's they sent me and call it a day because I still need to fix my face. After dashing cool water on my face like I was in a Neutrogena commercial, I do my entire skincare routine because I REFUSE to let my hard work go down the drain. I slick my hair into a low bun like usual with my gel and grab my Telfar bag filled with all my materials for the day.

sydsterling
📍Manchester, England

sydsterling📍Manchester, England

sydsterling time to get to work

Liked by sterling7, dele, and 14,304 others

View all 207 comments

sterling7 I just hope you don't embarrass me on top of making me late🤦🏾

user402 probably just has a sugar daddy to get are all these "jobs"

dele 👀

Raheem is waiting for me on the couch with his bag as I descend the stairs right on time to leave. He begins to speak without even looking up from his phone, "Ah finally. If you took much longer I'd be picking you up and walking you out the door myself."

Oh Raz, you couldn't lift me, nor my wagon if you tried. I'm so tired I keep my thoughts on his lack of strength to myself and only mutter a, "whatever" and walk out the door with Raz following behind me. When we're outside, I stare at him to unlock his car, but instead he gestures to the black Rolls-Royce I pulled up in yesterday evening.

"Alright superstar, get us to practice" he insisted. Honestly I can't be asked. It's too early to argue.

"If you say so golden boy, hope you're ready to die, you know the roads are flipped for me. I don't even know how I made it here from my place anyway" I said lazily as I unlocked the doors and jumped in the driver's seat. I head for the road and cut on my playlist because let's be honest, I'm hanging on by a thread here. I put on some drill to get my energy up and Raz was not having it. Before he could protest, I raise my hand from the wheel asking him to not even start. He revealed a shocked expression and burst into a fit of giggles at my exhausted appearance. We arrive at the practice facility when I have to show my brand new badge to security who check my plate and let me in. I find my spot near the entrance and park.