The Gossip Spreads

Your POV

We eventually got out of bed after White cuddling me for a straight fifteen minutes. She insisted it was for my safety but I guessed it was for other reasons.

"white, you stay here while I get changed." "but-." "no buts. I am not having you watching me change. We're not even together." "I know I just hoped." "mhm. Just stay here." "fine." I went into the bathroom to take a shower before changing into a long sleeve black top with a pair of dark jeans.

"Can I look now?" "I suppose." "what do you mean you suppose?" "you could if you wanted to but I doubt you would find anything good." She looked at me and smiled sweetly. "What?" "you look nice." "Thank you. Don't you want to look like you normally do?" "Stars! I almost forgot." Her body glowed before changing back to what she normally looks like.

"Shall we go and see if the others are awake, Rainbow?" "I suppose we shall." We walked hand in hand to Yellow's room. I knocked on the door and hear rustling before we hear a "come in!" from Yellow. We enter and see Yellow and Blue sat in the bed holding the duvet over their chests. "Having fun, were we?" "I mean, last night we were." "Hmm~ hurry up and meet us in the corridor so we can head down to breakfast." We leave the two flustered gems alone. For now.

As White and I were talking in the corridor I hear small footsteps and then the faint sound of giggling. Why would anyone be up here? This corridor is completely isolated! Once the supposed culprit noticed me looking at the stairs they ran away. "Hey Rainbow?" "Yes Stardrop?" "Did you hear that as well?" "Hear what?" "Nothing, I must just be hearing things."

The other two walked out of Yellow's room and toward us. "Who are you with first (y/n)?" "Looks like I'm with both of you for woodworking with year thirteen." "White. Where are you first?" "Computer science with year twelve." "Right if we take the long way round, we can drop White off while showing her the way to the English class as we'll all be there for second lesson." "Sounds good to me." The two slightly shorter gems nodded in agreement.

As we were walking people kept looking at White and I. We weren't holding hands this time!? Every time someone would look at White and I they would then look at their phones as if checking something. What was going on!? I had forgot my phone so I would have to get it at break, either that or the diamonds cover for me while I sneak away.

We had eventually dropped White off so now the other two were talking about her.

"Did you see how happy she is around her? It would make sense." "I mean yeah, it would. But yesterday they refused to even acknowledge what had happened." "Yeah, but what if in her room they spoke about it and that had happened." They were so bad at whispering. "What are you two talking about?" "Nothing!" Those two had been acting strange ever since my dad had shown them something on his phone during breakfast. What on earth did he show them!

After that whole event we made it to woodworking. Surprise, surprise. It was the exact fucking same. As soon as I entered that room all eyes were on me and the whispering started all over again. I even caught the teacher, Mr Mathews, grinning at me from time to time. Could someone just tell me what was going on!?

Everything was strange this morning. My dad, Yellow and Blue, the students and even the staff. Everyone but me seemed to know what was going on but I didn't and I was fucking pissed off at not being let in on the joke. Halfway through the lesson I just got up and left to go and get my phone. Maybe that would give me a clue. Maybe my friend had sent me something that could let me in on the joke. Maybe just maybe I will actually understand another human being for once.

After leaving the room I rushed through the corridors trying to get to my room as fast as my legs would carry me. I passed by countless pupils and members of staff, they were probably wondering why I was running like a mad man.

When I got to the corridor I slowed down. I opened my door and made my way over to the desk, unplugged my phone and looked at the message my friend had sent me. My jaw dropped.

Oh, my holy fucking shit balls.