Who gets to go

White's POV

We stood behind him as he gave his speech. "Welcome everyone. I'm sure you are all anxious to know who will be going. So, I will pass this assembly over to our guests. (Y/n) if you could please start."

Stardrop was clearly nervous as she walked forward. She soon calmed herself down before giving her part of the assembly with as clear of a voice as she could manage.

"Good morning everyone, I would like to thank Mr Cheval for allowing me to keep an eye on our guests. You may not have guessed it, but they do indeed need supervision most of the time. Except for when they're sleeping but even then, I've gotten a few arms in the face." This got everyone to laugh quietly which helped her calm down. "To answer the question that I have been asked quite a few times. Yes, I did get a say in who goes. Which is why the year eleven list will be said last." The year eleven table groaned. "Now, I'm going to pass the assembly onto Blue Diamond."

She smiled as she stood back clearly relieved by the outcome of her speech. She grabbed my hand and smiled at me. She looked so cute when she was happy.

Blue moved forward.

"Hello year thirteen, I'm sure you're aware that only the top ten pupils will be joining us on Homeworld. So, without further a due let's see who's on the list."

She read out the list:

Sarah Turner
Cole Mcgregory
Penelope Green
Olivia Smith
Charles Smith
Sasha Williams
Henry Harding
Regina Monarchy
Elizabeth Monarchy
Carl Williams

Yellow stood at the front.

"year twelve, it is your turn. This list was a little harder to come up with because of how similar your academic abilities are but we have a list, so let's go through it."

She read out the list:

Karren Huntsman
Zac Blaze
Susan Grey
Joshua Rees
Paul Mcduff
Sally Smith-Williams
Ugine Collistus
Ursula Sun
Kirsty Gray
Selena Selestro

Finally, it was time for me. I need to ask her now.

I turned to her father. "can we have a moment please?" "uh... Yes, of course."
He started talking to the school about attendance and other things, which gave me time to ask her. I turned toward her. "Stardrop I have a question to ask you." "what is it Rainbow?" "I was wondering if you would be comfortable sharing my room so someone else could take your place?" "we shared the same room every night you've been here, so no I wouldn't mind." "good."

"are you two done?" "yes, we are." "good, can we hear the list then." "yes, of course." Stardrop nodded as I walked up to the front. "I know this list has been the most anticipated, yes there are eleven people from year group going. It just so happens that one of those people is my wonderful girlfriend." Stardrop blushed and looked down. "Lola Wilson!" They both looked at me with surprise as did everyone else in the hall. "I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to coax my girlfriend to fall for you." I could hear Stardrop laugh.

I hear a "sorry! But she's just so perfect I can't help myself," from the back of the hall. I pulled Stardrop to my side. "I agree with you, but she chose me." "I still don't know why, Im pretty sure I've woke up with several red marks on my face from you not being able to control your own body while you sleep. I'm also pretty sure that you can't keep your hands to yourself." I shrugged and she smiled. "Now you loveable Diamond, can you please read out the list." "yes dear," I said sarcastically as she went back to her spot.

"as I was saying, eleven people were chosen. Let's find out who they are shall we?"

I read out my list:

(y/n) (y/l/n)
Howell Howards
Howard Willis
Lola Wilson
Patricia Jones
Natalia Peterson
Nathan Simpson
Spark Lingwater
Indi Anna-Jones
Woodie Woodwoods
Rhys White

After I had finished and the headmaster said everyone can leave, they did, all except Stardrop friends. They decided to come and talk to us. Lola was the first to speak. "White Diamond, I am deeply sorry for bribing your girlfriend." "as you should be." Stardrop walked up to us. "No, she shouldn't be, she can bribe me anytime she wants to."

I suddenly don't mind having human friends.